RH in latest RIDE mag on Powertraining

Guest Big H

I see in his Palmares they say that he generates 1500W "depending what powermeter he uses" Are these things so primitive and inaccurate??????? HR monitors work to EKG standard. Yikes with all the hype and the excessive costs involved one would expect some sort of standard with these higgly piggly powermeters??????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in his Palmares they say that he generates 1500W "depending what powermeter he uses" Are these things so primitive and inaccurate??????? HR monitors work to EKG standard. Yikes with all the hype and the excessive costs involved one would expect some sort of standard with these higgly piggly powermeters??????

Ā 

Waar op des aarde dis onmoontklik !!

Ā 

Dont talk about stuff you don't understand, its embarrasingEmbarrassed

Ā 

Dont talk about stuff you don't understand' date=' its embarrasingEmbarrassed
[/quote']

Ā 

Agree 100% with MWNN and want to add: please stop using all those ???'s and !!!'s when they add nothing to the meaning of your statement or question.

Ā 

Ā 

Of course it is possible. And it is also possible to generate much more than 1500W

Agree 100% with MWNN and want to add: please stop using all those ???'s and !!!'s when they add nothing to the meaning of your statement or question.

Ā 

Cling, be niceWinkĀ - maybe he ???? and !!!! because he stutters!LOL

Oh, the young Hubbers never learn.Ā  Criticising Big_H for excessive use of punctuation!!!!! Imagine!!!Ā  I am reaching for my staaldak as we speak.......

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ā 

and that nogal accentuated with a bold red please......

Ā 

Ā 

Steady now big man - before you go throwing your usual wild assumptions around, just consider that a Power Tap measures at the hub whereas an SRM measures at the crank - there will be a difference in reading due to drive train losses. This does not make either inaccurate - just reading from a different source Wink

Ā 

Steady now big man - before you go throwing your usual wild assumptions around' date=' just consider that a Power Tap measures at the hub whereas an SRM measures at the crank - there will be a difference in reading due to drive train losses. This does not make either inaccurate - just reading from a different source Wink
[/quote']

Ā 

Jip. Like taking body temperature under the arm, under the tongue or rectally. Same body butĀ different sites of recording result in different readings Wink

Steady now big man - before you go throwing your usual wild assumptions around' date=' just consider that a Power Tap measures at the hub whereas an SRM measures at the crank - there will be a difference in reading due to drive train losses. This does not make either inaccurate - just reading from a different source Wink
[/quote']

Ā 

And an IBike measures from nowhere Tongue.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Jy weet duidelik niks van powermeters en power af nie, ouens soos Tom Boonen en Thor Hushovd sit baie na aan 2000 watts uit

Ā 

[/quote']

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Of course it is possible. And it is also possible to generate much more than 1500W

Ā 

Cling vir 'n rookie met NET 17 posts is jou bek baie groot..... sharrup eerder en leer hoe die plek werk roofie!!!!!!!!!! MWNN is eintlik net dom astrant, hy weet nie hoe diep hy alreeds is die moeilikheid is nie of ek nou hakkel of nie!!!!!!! Sy testosteroon sal hom die keer NIE help nie. Ek het alreeds my Lebanese contacts sy rang naam en nommer gegee!!!!!! As Badwi Moossa jou bel beter jy bang word ...... baie bang...... dit moeilik om sonner om sonner toonnaals fiets te ry !!!!!!!!

Ā 

Ursus Maximus ek sal verbatim aanhaal:-

Ā 

Max Watts: 1400W (depending on which power meter) Page 95 RIDE mag Sept 07

Ā 

If I pay thousands of rands for a hight tech measuring device, I expect the instrument to give true readings. Nilly Willy results mean nothing!!!!!!! Again unlike Polar HRM that are EKG accurate.

Ā 

If I generate enough power to drive a Microwave Oven will it be on full power or will I only be able to defrost a chicken breast??????? Seems to me nobody are sure as these higgly piggly devices are not calibrated or accurate.......mmmmmmmm?????????Ā 

Ā 

[/quote']

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cling vir 'n rookie met NET 17 posts is jou bek baie groot..... sharrup eerder en leer hoe die plek werk roofie!!!!!!!!!! MWNN is eintlik net dom astrant' date=' hy weet nie hoe diep hy alreeds is die moeilikheid is nie of ek nou hakkel of nie!!!!!!! Sy testosteroon sal hom die keer NIE help nie. Ek het alreeds my Lebanese contacts sy rang naam en nommer gegee!!!!!! As Badwi Moossa jou bel beter jy bang word ...... baie bang...... dit moeilik om sonner om sonner toonnaals fiets te ry !!!!!!!!

Ā 

Ursus Maximus ek sal verbatim aanhaal:-

Ā 

Max Watts: 1400W (depending on which power meter) Page 95 RIDE mag Sept 07

Ā 

If I pay thousands of rands for a hight tech measuring device, I expect the instrument to give true readings. Nilly Willy results mean nothing!!!!!!! Again unlike Polar HRM that are EKG accurate.

Ā 

If I generate enough power to drive a Microwave Oven will it be on full power or will I only be able to defrost a chicken breast??????? Seems to me nobody are sure as these higgly piggly devices are not calibrated or accurate.......mmmmmmmm?????????Ā 
[/quote']

Ā 

Ou Big H jou moet relax my broe, jy gaan n nerve of iets pinch soos jy nou aangaan. Kom ek vertel vir jou n joke oor jouself...

Ā 

Big H loop in die Garage in, wat se hy vir sy bike?

."Ek gaan jou breek"LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

[/quote']

Ā 

Big H, why is it that when someone answers your question, you choose to ignore the answer completely?

Ā 

[NB.Ā  This is a rhetorical question, the answer is obvious to everyone]