CANCER UPDATE AND 94.7

chucky

Hi,

Many of you will remember form last year that I was diagnosed with bladder cancer and it was quite a shock. I rode the 94.7 on a chopper, sponsored by Specialized, dressed as a CHOC Cow. Thanks to donations and sponsorship from many amazing people R100 000 was raised for CHOC.

Now, 6 ops and 3 sessions of chemo later, at the end of August they removed 3 more tumours. This resulted in a long look at life and the decision to sell my business and become semi retired.

It also resulted in the decision to do bigger things at 94.7 this year. This year I will be riding an 8 seater tandem with myself at the front, Derek as the stoker and 6 special children in between.

I am appealing to corporate to sponsor the bike and put their branding on it. I am appealing to everyone else to support us and the children by making a donation into the back a buddy account: backabuddy/mark thijs 8 seater tandem.

Dig deep and support this worthy cause. Like me and my family, you never know when things like this could affect your lives.

Thanking you in advance

Mark

post-1116-033000000 1284808336.jpg