Esselfontein 70km Mtb

Neutron

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome, awesome ride. Well worth the early morning drive through to Ceres. Everything was virtually flawless (besides a few of us that somehow managed to get lost... n? Lilo? Confused). The watering points were some of the best yet with Brandy & Coke freely available Big%20smile. I was tempted, especially after falling my moer off but somehow resisted. The girls in bikini tops were also a most welcome sight after 60odd kays Clap.

Had a very leasuirely ride till a mate lost his glasses and rode back 5kays to find them, then we pushed it a bit till I managed to lose my front wheel in spectacular fashion and tried to break from 50 - 0 by burying my right hand into the ground. It worked very well but I think my Karoo 2 Coast is over before it began. Judging by the size of my hand today, I'm pretty sure something's broken. Will go for xtrays tomorrow.

Congrats to the organisers, that was some of the best singletrack I've ever ridden. Will definitely pen this one down in the diary for next year.

Good turnout of Hubbers at the event as well.

Below: Small price to pay Wink

20070909_065256_Damaged_hand.jpg

Buff2007-09-09 06:54:07