Cradle Accident

Gobbo

Was riding with my club through the cradle thin morning

and we came accros a biker who had just come off his bike

on the kromdraai road i think , did not look good , there where a number of bikers who had stopped and some female bikes where screaming hystrically , :( I hope the guy is ok.

I noticed a paramedic response car only by the sterkfontien circle , must have been an easy 20mins .

Did any one else see this accident and know what happened ?? looked like the biker lost control :(

Rather unfortunate, falling off a bicycle is eina!! But off a motorcycle is EEEEIIIINNNNNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Hope the dude is ok and recovers quickly

Crashing on a motorbike usually has severe consequences, we can only hope, but at the speed some of the guys ride / race around these days I am a bit doubtfull of a "stand up and walk away" scenario.

Accidents happen in a split second, and the older you get the more you realise this. Yesterday I was driving down the Krugersdorp highway when a bakkie with a trailor full of metal raced past me at 150 plus. Ten odd kms later I pulled over to help the woman out of the jack knifed bakkie, which had rolled and was on its lid in the field.

Fortunately she was okay, a bit cut up and in shock but alive and walking around - (an excellant argument for wearing a seatbelt which she was) - luckily, again, no other cars were involved and the trailor lost its load in the field.

I waited for the ambulance, and left, but by then there was a sizable crowd of rubberneckers and nothing else I could do.

Drive safe people, life is short enough already.

See what a lot of these bikers don't realize is that the racers have large run off areas as well as leathers that contain airbags believe it or not!! Oh and did I mention experience!!

Anyways hope this guy is ok.

Saw the accident as well - also riding the cradle....An accident like that was bound to happen because of the speed at which most of those bikers race through there. The bikers don't realise that the speed limit there is 60kph. I just hope he didn't take a cyclist with him. It must have been at least half an hour before the ambulance got there!!!

The bikers don't realise that the speed limit there is 60kph.

Like they will pay any attention to that. I feel sorry for the biker's family but bugger all for the rider. A month ago I came over a crest on a turn and the road was full of baboons, real ones, not a parliament sitting, and you could hear how the bikes were screaming distance. If they would hit a baboon I would help the baboon first.