does my bike look fat?

Braai Vleis

Hey guys!

Tool my bike for a service last week and when I picked her up I put her on the scale and was slightly shocked to see her weighing in at 13.2 kg's! Is she fat?

She is a merida 96 3000d with 2 cages pedals and I had a spare tube taped to the seat post?

Does anyone have any tips how I can put her on a diet that won't cost an arm and a leg?

:blink:

my anthem x2 (med) also comes in at a touch over 13kg.

One bottle cage, spd pedals, mavic 819 /xt wheelset and predominantly deore components

Hey guys!

Tool my bike for a service last week and when I picked her up I put her on the scale and was slightly shocked to see her weighing in at 13.2 kg's! Is she fat?

She is a merida 96 3000d with 2 cages pedals and I had a spare tube taped to the seat post?

Does anyone have any tips how I can put her on a diet that won't cost an arm and a leg?

I also got a 3000d

My bike tips the scales at about 11,5kgs with the following upgrades to the standard 3000d

Rims= DT swiss XR4.2d tubeless conversion done

Crank= Truvative Noir carbon crank

Brakes= Hayes stroker carbon

Rear derailleur= XTR shadow

Handle bars= Kcnc Scandium

Stem= Kcnc fly ride

Seat post= Kcnc pro lite ti

Cassette= Sram PG990

Chain= XTR

The 300d frame is light the group set is good I would look to change the rims tires and seat post for the quick answer.

my hardtail lost more than a kilo when i got a new shock - it had a very old worn rockshock judy; it's got a sid now and the bikeshop refer to it as 'the abused bike with the pretty shock'

wheels also can make a big difference

yes, she is, but dont worry: big bottom meridas are nice... the carbon frame is only 800g lighter in any case.

She is a fat-ass... I have the merida Carbon 96 5000 D and my bike weights in at...wait for it....9.2kg and some change!! -if i have time i will put the spec down for all to see...!

You can buy a brandnew Ghost RT Lector 7400 carbon dual suss standard with full XT 10spd weight: 12kg on the dot,Price is the best part - R23 999.00 but room for a lot of weight shaving and will not cost an arm or leg!!

She is a fat-ass... I have the merida Carbon 96 5000 D and my bike weights in at...wait for it....9.2kg and some change!! -if i have time i will put the spec down for all to see...!

You can buy a brandnew Ghost RT Lector 7400 carbon dual suss standard with full XT 10spd weight: 12kg on the dot,Price is the best part - R23 999.00 but room for a lot of weight shaving and will not cost an arm or leg!!

And why is the ghost riding a merida