Group rides in the Northcliff area

StevieL

Are there any group rides in the Northcliff area that go out on the weekends?

I tried Northcliff Cycles last week, but the turn out was a grand total of 5 people (4 of whom turned back at 25km in.)

Was hoping for a 3 hour (80km - 100km) at about +- 27km/h average.

There is New Horizons that start in Florida Glen. I also start from Florida Glen and have long rides (90-120) on Saturdays and shorter (70-100) on Sundays.

There's also a bunch of us, about 15 guys, that get together at the Macdonalds on Gordon road every Sat and Sun morning at 05H45 and leave at about 06H00.

We do more/less the same distances as Mampara does.

Are there any group rides in the Northcliff area that go out on the weekends?

I tried Northcliff Cycles last week, but the turn out was a grand total of 5 people (4 of whom turned back at 25km in.)

Was hoping for a 3 hour (80km - 100km) at about +- 27km/h average.

Hi steve

That's strange - we coordinate with all the riders beforehand to canvas the riders' intentions.

Our standard route is 60 km, from the shop, out to Kloofzicht in the cradle and back. With added loops or different routes we can ride a 5 hour monster or the 40km short ride you mention.

If you still aren't getting any joy, speak directly to me tristanbergh@northcliffcycles.co.za or Alex, the shop owner. He can be reached at 011 476 2110.

Regards

Tristan

Ride coordinator, Northcliff cycles.