The Freedom Revolution Tour - 2500km's... 46 Days... 3 Riders... on Unicycles...

JohnnyReggae

The CounterBalance Project a NPO using unicycling as a medium to raise awareness in order to raise money for charity has been established. The first project will be the Freedom Revolution Tour with proceeds from the Tour going to the Bob's For Good Foundation.

We're really happy to tell you that our CounterBalance website dedicated to the Freedom Revolution Tour is up and rolling. Johnny Cronje, Alan Read and Donna Kisogloo are riding 2,500km off-road from Durban to Cape Town for 46 days from November 26 and our site will tell you everything you will want to know about our epic adventure. The trip is the result of the KH Evolution of Balance Award given this year to the group.

"SA-positive" blogger Fred Hatman, who is also the support driver for the ride, will be blogging about the tour and constantly updating on Facebook | The CounterBalance Project, YouTube - CounterBalanceSA and TheCBProject on Twitter

Pop over to the website and interact with the group as they prepare for the mother of all unicycle rides... and please follow them on the various social media to keep updated on new blogposts, images and video.

They'll be really grateful to get your support as they test themselves and their unis against the rugged terrain of South Africa... all in aid of Bob Skinstad's Bobs For Good Foundation which is committed to providing rural children with decent school shoes! They are proud to be doing their ride for such a phenomenal cause!

PS: They need hefty sponsorship to make their ride happen. If you would like to donate, there is a "Donate" page on the new website where you can contribute. We'd be totally chuffed if you can help us get going! Once the tour expenses are met, all surplus money will be given to Bobs For Good to buy shoes for the kids.

Don't forget your PowerBalance wristbands :lol:

A neighbour of mine was trying to convince me how well the power balance wristbands work

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I found a way to convert my blog to a pdf.

so here is my 2008 freedom challenge story, kinda in book form..with probably 70% of the fotos in place.

the blanket saga

plus some 'extra chapters' - some more recent touring stuff added.

It's a 6Mb file, but what's that in these days?!

the original stuff is here

theblanketsaga.blogspot.com

and ja johnny, will make a plan for a beer and a route chat in the 11-15th week, off to zambia on sunday

I found a way to convert my blog to a pdf.

so here is my 2008 freedom challenge story, kinda in book form..with probably 70% of the fotos in place.

the blanket saga

plus some 'extra chapters' - some more recent touring stuff added.

It's a 6Mb file, but what's that in these days?!

the original stuff is here

theblanketsaga.blogspot.com

and ja johnny, will make a plan for a beer and a route chat in the 11-15th week, off to zambia on sunday

Thanks for that sheebeen. Will definitely give the link and info to the guys doing the tour, I'm sure they will read it all with a lot of interest :)