Small upgrade, big difference...

AndreZA

I upgraded my shifting cables on my MTB from the stock Jagwire to XTR inners and normal Shimano outers. WOW! what a difference. I fitted it, adjusted the screw on the rear deraileur to take up some of the cable slack, and voila, no more adjustment neccessary. I thought I had to replace my Deore shifters but not anymore, they work just fine again. And the best thing is, the new cables are black and look really cool.

I'm with you Mampara...

When I upgraded to XTR cables last year sometime - it was as if I had put a brand new mech on the back AND front!

Couldn't believe the difference in ride quality - shifting became faultlessly smooth!

Really was one of the best upgrades I made - and would recommend to anyone who has half decent componentry on, to consider upgrading to an ever higher quality cable set - unbelievable value for money...

LittleBen bought me the XTR cable kit for XMAS last year! Can only confirm what you guys have said, sweet shifting with almost no maintenance since then.

Same here, but i fitted the Dura-Ace cables onto my  training road bike. The difference is amazing, faultless smooth shifting, something than i never had with the stock 105 cables!!!