Sram Red, Campy Chorus or Dura Ace

Mish100

I am building a Bianchi Infinito 2010 and confused about what groupset to fit her with.

I had the sram red on my previous bike and condering campy chorus or maybe Dura Ace.

What you guys recommend?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am building a Binachi Infinito 2010 and confused about what groupset to fit her with.

I had the sram red on my previous bike and condering campy chorus or maybe Dura Ace.

What you guys recommend?

Assuming Binachi is some secret code for Bianchi, which is an Italian bike brand, I think that there can be no real question here.

In all honesty, there is no real, functional difference between the different gruppos.

But Campag has style points that the others don't have.

You can lock the thread and place the order now.

Glad I could help. B)

Its Bianchi must be from china then Bikemonster :D

Theres something about the campy thats making me consider it but I am not sure what it is.

Dont worry indigo at least it wont be tiagra on a Bianchi :D

Being the SRAM fan that I am... on a Bianchi you HAVE to go with a Campy groupo, it just doesn't look right otherwise...

If you look at the ammount of bikes in Europe with RED then i must say that i think SRAM have become a big player over the last few years.

Most top end bikes in the shops have DA or Red on them i have seen very few with Record.Even at the races very few bikes with Campy.Loads of Shimano and SRAM.

If you look at the ammount of bikes in Europe with RED then i must say that i think SRAM have become a big player over the last few years.

Most top end bikes in the shops have DA or Red on them i have seen very few with Record.Even at the races very few bikes with Campy.Loads of Shimano and SRAM.

I agree with you BeOne, I think SRAM gave shimano a big wake up call when they entered the market... I would personaly never ride with Shimano again (even SRAM's mtb stuff works so darn well)...

But there is just something so suave about Campy... Campy & Colnago, Campy and Bianchi, Campy & Pinarello... it's just the way it's meant to be... ;)

Personally, I moved from chorus to red a few weeks ago and would recommend chorus any day. I may be in the minority here, but hate the Double Tap system, just seems to overcomplicate a very simple process (that Campy has perfected). Obviously there is always the hubber cred from saving a few hundred grams with red though!

But there is just something so suave about Campy... Campy ... it's just the way it's meant to be... ;)

Poetry (closes eyes)

U don't fit Ford weels to a BMW or vw to Toyota u go with something that matches your car same with bicycles it will fit but will never look like it is suppose to

Both Sram and Shimano are simply giving the bike manufacturers better deals hence the why the bikes are advertised or sold with these two groupsets on them. As for top teams, its all about who the sponsor is. Contador does not decide what grp set he will ride with, in fact until Lance joined Astana, they rode with Campag, but I guess he got Sram to sponsor teh team when he joined.

For me, thoroughbred Italian beuty can only have one grp set on it. Campag. nuff said

Its Bianchi must be from china then Bikemonster :D

Theres something about the campy thats making me consider it but I am not sure what it is.

Bianchi might as well be made in Darkest Peru...it remains an Italian brand.

The "something about Campag" is igzackerly what everybody in this thread is talking about. As cyclists, we're a bit fringey. So, are you ready to be on the fringe of the fringe?

If not there's always....sorry, dropped off to sleep there...*yawn* Shimano.

I can see this thread turning into a heated debate :rolleyes: I think its hard to say one groupset is better than the next, I guess it comes down to what you prefer. I've ridden Record, Dura Ace and SRAM Red this season and for me the clear winner was SRAM by a long shot.

Another big plus with SRAM is that both your up and down shifting is controlled with one lever which can be pulled back without applying the brakes, handy for when you're in a sprint and need to change gears either up or down, both Dura Ace and Campy cant really do this (well they can but you only get to shift down unless you change your hand position in the sprint which is not ideal)

Having said that though, I still think there's only one groupset for a Bianchi and thats Campag without a doubt, the two were made for each other.