Shoes and feet

iRob

Hello

I did the Karoo to Coast yesterday and with about 30km to go my feet felt like they were going to fall off. The outsides of my feet, halfway along the length of my feet were very sore and tender. I've had this sort of pain while wearing ice-skates or roller blades, but yesterday was on a different level.

Has anyone experienced it and can they offer any help, I reckon it must be that my shoes were too tight, but they felt really loose and I could wiggle my foot around freely, which relieved the pain a bit, but it made it really difficult to pedal.

I've got what some people would call "trappers" and they're pretty wide (UK 12 1/2), so what do okes with big feet do?

Not fun I tell you!

What is the shoe make? And what is the in-sole like? People tend to get cheap shoes and sometimes it gives them problems. Do you ware any special shoes or do you have a flat bridge? You might have to change your shoes or get orthopedic in-soles

Jo. They're a pair of basic Olympics.

I know my running shoes have a built-up insole, not orthopedic, just general anti-pronation shoes. Have you had a similar problem?

No not the same, but was not nice riding and knowing my feet will feel sore after the ride, I now ride with spesialized Bg shoes and it is just lovely, I will never ever buy any other shoe again.

I bought me the Time RXE carbon shoes, the are a bit wider than normal shoes, but amazingly comfy!! I got mine at WE Bike, but Solomons also stock them, they light aswell ;)

If you have wide feet the Spez and Sidi shoes wont fit your foot, they are too narrow.

Shimano make great shoes for wide feet.

Yes they are pretty wide. They don't hurt for anything less then 60km, but then again most stage races are more then 6okm, ugh. I'm a broke man, cycling is $$$

Hello

I did the Karoo to Coast yesterday and with about 30km to go my feet felt like they were going to fall off. The outsides of my feet, halfway along the length of my feet were very sore and tender. I've had this sort of pain while wearing ice-skates or roller blades, but yesterday was on a different level.

Has anyone experienced it and can they offer any help, I reckon it must be that my shoes were too tight, but they felt really loose and I could wiggle my foot around freely, which relieved the pain a bit, but it made it really difficult to pedal.

I've got what some people would call "trappers" and they're pretty wide (UK 12 1/2), so what do okes with big feet do?

Not fun I tell you!

Yeah Sidi are really narrow. My feet kill me when doing technical stuff on the MTB but are not so bad on the flatter stuff. Got ortho's but made it worse charged me R1 800 and made it worse. I tend to point my feet inward as I stand on the outer part of my feet this tends to help. Good Luck its a killer.

Hello

Not fun I tell you!

Hey there

I get exactly the same, but my whole side of my feet get painfull. From my toes to my heal

This was in shoes that I had done 1500 km on allready and funny enough it also happend to me the 1st time on the K2C.

I went to this and that Doc, and in the end some doc made me a pair of insoles....this help a bit but not 100% then went to have a bike setup done and they moved my cleats towards my toes and THAT help a lot...

So these days I am ok as long as I use my insoles

Hi,

Had the same problem last season. Saw a podiatrist at the sports science institute in CT. Made special inserts. Just a waste of money.

Problem only surfaced after 80Km on a bike. Replaced the special inserts with Green Cross inserts bought at clicks for R12

Problem went away

Might not be quite the same location, but had a similar problem: On the bottom outside of my foot, right in the middle of heel and toes. Started after changing my running shoes to serious anti-pronation models (Nike). Turns out the shoe, due to the amount of anti-pronation built in, artificially pushes the pressure to the outside of your foot, causing the pain after prolonged running etc. Maybe check that your soles etc of your shoes are not causing your foot to actually angle to the outside, causing the pain. As a matter of interest, changing to light-correction Saucony shoes sorted the problem immediately. Also check that there are no seams on the inside of the shoe that could be pressing against nerves in that area.

I had the same problem, also the basic olympics, then changed to the cheapest specialized shoe, about 1100 zarbiggrin.gif , with some of that BG inserts 500 zar ohmy.gif, now no more pain . biggrin.gif Cycling , If it's not hurting in the climbs , it hurts the walletwink.gif