Post ur jump/trials bikes

Super_mil

My Specialized P2.

It's stock other than:

Octane Chemical Bar (710mm) with Clarks bolt on grips (the grips are cheap sh1te and I don't see then lasting more than two rides - I've ridden once with these)

Hope Pro 2 front hub with Da Bomb Revolver rims (Same rim on the back laced to the OEM hub)

Tioga Square of Eight tyres (man these are SLOW compared to the Specialized Compound & Rythms it comes with, but they do offer a touch more traction ;) )

DMR V8 Pedals

The DJ fork ain't great either. The cartridge packed up, but I converted it to an open bath system and it seems to be doing its job again :thumbup:

Running it single speed (25t up front and currently 14t @ the back, I plan to drop the back sprocket to a 12t).

post-3245-0-60960900-1294909821.jpg

post-3245-0-13389300-1294909838.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super_mil, I see you got yourself some bling wider bars. Nice! How you liking the 710s over the 680s?

Go Donkey Punch yourself MissionS :blink: !!!

The wider bars do feel a touch better - obviously more stable. That said I've only been out once on the bike with the new bars so still getting a feel for them. I have another set winging there way to our shores from CRC for my trail bike :thumbup:

Spruit jumps Friday afternoon if you're psyched.

Go Donkey Punch yourself MissionS :blink: !!!

The wider bars do feel a touch better - obviously more stable. That said I've only been out once on the bike with the new bars so still getting a feel for them. I have another set winging there way to our shores from CRC for my trail bike :thumbup:

Spruit jumps Friday afternoon if you're psyched.

I'm starting to feel better on the Yeti. Did jump 1 and 2 on the intermediate line (the gap jumps on the berms) at the bike park. Have plenty of speed for 3 but am never lined up properly.

I need to hit the spruit again to get some confidence back. Tomorrow at 4 I'm guessing?!

and yeah MissionS... that Norco is hot! I think I need one, hahaha! I'll be busting no-footers with the greatest of ease

...ok, so it's not a dirt jump or trials bike... but like Peach said... this is what I jump with so I guess it counts.

post-10758-0-83418500-1294926016.jpg

post-10758-0-33784900-1294926079.jpg

Personally I'm on a 10 step program to try and get my confidence back:

10 Way to get your DJ Confidence BACK!!!

1. Dress Sharp

Although clothes don’t make the man, they certainly affect the way he feels about himself. No one is more conscious of your physical appearance than you are. When you don’t look good, it changes the way you carry yourself and interact with other people. Use this to your advantage by taking care of your personal appearance. In most cases, significant improvements can be made by bathing and shaving frequently, wearing clean clothes, and being cognizant of the latest styles.

This doesn’t mean you need to spend a lot on clothes. One great rule to follow is “spend twice as much, buy half as much”. Rather than buying a bunch of cheap clothes, buy half as many select, high quality items. In long run this decreases spending because expensive clothes wear out less easily and stay in style longer than cheap clothes. Buying less also helps reduce the clutter in your closet.

2. Walk Ride Faster

One of the easiest ways to tell how a person feels about herself is to examine her walk ride. Is it slow? tired? painful? Or is it energetic and purposeful? People with confidence walk ride quickly. They have places to go, people to see, and important work to do jumps to hit. Even if you aren’t in a hurry, you can increase your self confidence by putting some pep in your step stroke. Walking Riding 25% faster will make to you look and feel more important.

3. Good Posture

Similarly, the way a person carries herself tells a story. People with slumped shoulders and lethargic movements display a lack of self confidence. They aren’t enthusiastic about what they’re doing riding and they don’t consider themselves important. By practicing good posture, you’ll automatically feel more confident. Stand up straight, keep your head up, and make eye contact relax your shoulders. You’ll make a positive impression on others and instantly feel more alert and empowered.

4. Personal Commercial

One of the best ways to build confidence is listening to a motivational speech. Unfortunately, opportunities to listen to a great speaker are few and far between. You can fill this need by creating a personal commercial. Write a 30-60 second speech that highlights your strengths and goals. Then recite it in front of the mirror aloud (or inside your head if you prefer) whenever you need a confidence boost.

5. Gratitude

When you focus too much on what you want, the mind creates reasons why you can’t have it. This leads you to dwell on your weaknesses. The best way to avoid this is consciously focusing on gratitude. Set aside time each day to mentally list everything you have to be grateful for. Recall your past successes, unique skills, loving relationships, and positive momentum. You’ll be amazed how much you have going for you and motivated to take that next step towards success.

6. Compliment other people

When we think negatively about ourselves, we often project that feeling on to others in the form of insults and gossip. To break this cycle of negativity, get in the habit of praising other people. Refuse to engage in backstabbing gossip and make an effort to compliment those around you. In the process, you’ll become well liked and build self confidence. By looking for the best in others, you indirectly bring out the best in yourself.

7. Sit in the front row

In schools, offices, and public assemblies around the world, people constantly strive to sit at the back of the room. Most people prefer the back because they’re afraid of being noticed. This reflects a lack of self confidence. By deciding to sit in the front row, you can get over this irrational fear and build your self confidence. You’ll also be more visible to the important people talking from the front of the room.

8. Speak up

During group discussions many people never speak up because they’re afraid that people will judge them for saying something stupid. This fear isn’t really justified. Generally, people are much more accepting than we imagine. In fact most people are dealing with the exact same fears. By making an effort to speak up at least once in every group discussion, you’ll become a better public speaker, more confident in your own thoughts, and recognized as a leader by your peers.

9. Work out

Along the same lines as personal appearance, physical fitness has a huge effect on self confidence. If you’re out of shape, you’ll feel insecure, unattractive, and less energetic probably botch a lot of landings. By working out, you improve your physcial appearance, energize yourself, and accomplish something positive. Having the discipline to work out not only makes you feel better, it creates positive momentum that you can build on the rest of the day.

10. Focus on contribution

Too often we get caught up in our own desires. We focus too much on ourselves and not enough on the needs of other people. If you stop thinking about yourself and concentrate on the contribution you’re making to the rest of the world, you won’t worry as much about you own flaws. This will increase self confidence and allow you to contribute with maximum efficiency some digging time giving others more spots to ride. The more you contribute to the world the more you’ll be rewarded with personal success and recognition.

:thumbup:

Someday soon I'll have my confidence back...

Super_mil, I've decided to try out your 10 step program to get my dirt jumping confidence back...

I don't know which step I will try out today. Maybe the dress sharp as I packed my favourite riding socks...

...but yeah... are the guys still riding even though there was quite a bit of precipitation this morning?

super_mill. i have the same bike. dunno if you saw it on the 1st page but i changed my ratio to 30 to 14. i used to also have 25 to 14. could get no power. 30t to 14t is really nice

the same as running 32 to 15

I can't fault you on the choice of your bike :rolleyes:

I'm going to try out the 12t sprocket on the rear to try and help with a touch more power, before a throw cash at a new front sprocket.

My OEM front sprocket was not perfectly round for some reason which resulted in poor uneven chain tension while pedaling, which resulted in cuts and bruises when the chain hoped off.