anyone been to groenkloof lately?

cat-i

heard stories today that they're paving the singletrack at groenkloof? apparently to stop erosion?

anyone cycled there last weekend? please post pics?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rode there about 4 weeks ago and they had paved just on section, at the top, the downhill section as you cross the river by the fence. basically made it more tame. dont see them having pavel the entire singletrack, hope not

I drive past Groenies every day (yeah...it's torture not being on the other side of the fence), it's as Mark said. I will try and find out from my connections and let you all know B)

rode there about 4 weeks ago and they had paved just on section, at the top, the downhill section as you cross the river by the fence. basically made it more tame. dont see them having pavel the entire singletrack, hope not

If it's the same spot I'm thinking about, that piece of track has always been "paved". It's like a gravel jeep track? Not the same place?

Rode there on Saturday...some of the singletrack was paved. I supposed it makes it a bit more rideable but not as fun.

Rode there on Saturday...some of the singletrack was paved. I supposed it makes it a bit more rideable but not as fun.

Damn, imagine having a momentary lapse of talent (something which seems to happen a lot with me) on a paved single track! Dirt is bad enough! now we'll have to contend with broken bones and roadie style roasties!

Not nice! :angry:

I'm checking my calendar and it's not the 1st of April... :unsure: Paving singletrack? Are you being serious?!?!?

OK, so here's the insider news:

According to Groenies management it's not paving, they put down rocks & cemented it...anyways regardless of how you want to refer to this, it is basciallly being done to prevent erosion. I wasnt given too much detail, but from what i was told there will be some other sections that will be "paved" as well. Only small sections, not the entire singletrack. It;s necessary to preserve the trail as far as possible.

OK, so here's the insider news:

According to Groenies management it's not paving, they put down rocks & cemented it...anyways regardless of how you want to refer to this, it is basciallly being done to prevent erosion. I wasnt given too much detail, but from what i was told there will be some other sections that will be "paved" as well. Only small sections, not the entire singletrack. It;s necessary to preserve the trail as far as possible.

There are some sections that become a torrent in heavy rains. I remember riding there over Easter. You didn't go uphill or downhill; you went upstream or downstream.

When are they going to put down some tar?

You sir, are evil! :o

Tar, in paradise? You should be tarred and feathered for such a comment! :P

When are they going to put down some tar?

Yeah then we can have a criterium MTB race at Groenies. :D

I only know of two "paved" sections the one is on the first bit of Strack...only about 3 meters "paved (not realy paved but made more ridable for the strugglers".

The second bit is down the fence close to the end before you go down the dip, throuh the water......

Not paved like in stones but rida-ability improved for the strugglers.