Dome2Dome Training Ride

bruce

Dit is die eerste keer dat ek die dome2dome gaan ry.  Kan iemand dalk vir my s? of die race oor hekpoort gaan, ek ken nie regtig jhb nie en dit help nie ek kyk nie die route map nie.  Gaan ons oor Krugersdorp se bult?  Is die race baie erg?  Hoe vergelyk dit met die 94.7

Dit is die eerste keer dat ek die dome2dome gaan ry.  Kan iemand dalk vir my s? of die race oor hekpoort gaan' date=' ek ken nie regtig jhb nie en dit help nie ek kyk nie die route map nie.  Gaan ons oor Krugersdorp se bult?  Is die race baie erg?  Hoe vergelyk dit met die 94.7[/quote']

None of the so-called big climbs in Jo-burg are in the race (Hekpoort, K-Dorp).  Race is rolling hills with probably 1400m ascent - not going to be an easy race that is for sure.

We also did the route on Sunday' date=' it will be a hard race, with hardly a flat pice of road in sight.[/quote']

Where there is flat, there is wind!

31km/h - 1500m ascent - 135bpm' date='

something doean't add up here Unhappy
[/quote']

sounds like 30 something year old kicking some young ass LOL

eish!

Bruce y is it 125?

No it is 116km as measured on my Garmin.

If you look at motionbased it sez bruce did 125km

eish!

Bruce y is it 125?

No it is 116km as measured on my Garmin.

If you look at motionbased it sez bruce did 125km

Bruce can confirm but I don't think they started and finished at the Dome.

Some of the Meat Packers took Dr. Seuss for a nice easy recovery ride to check out the Dome2Dome route on Sunday morning.

Curtesy of Garmin' date=' check it out.

[/quote']

recovery ride my @ss!

the ride started out well enough with a nice easy pace up to the lion park supermarket.

after turning left just after the N14 offramp I knew I was headed for trouble when 101% decided it was time for a bit of a leg-opener! 

all I could do was sit behind bruce & 101% and hang on.

the only recovery I did was after turning left at the T-junction after the sterkfontein caves where the rest of the BM guys turned right towards maropeng!

i don't think 101% and the rest of the gang quite understand the meaning of the word RECOVERY - and that after a race on the saturday.

I see there is a seperate start group for vets 30-34 and vets 35-39. On the prize money spreadsheet, they list the cat as 30-39, R600 for 1st etc.

Is it going to work on finish times?