BeOne Raw Carbon MTB frames 2010 ?

Weight Weenie

The Zaskar is showing its age so may need to replace it soon, was looking at one of these frames -> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53910

Can't find much info but a 1020g 17'' quoted frame for under 6k from CRC is a bargain !

Has a nice stiff BB area and double wall tubes so should be quite stiff.

I like the understated finish and seems I can use all the parts from my bike, sans needing a lower stack headset as the headtube is longer than that of the Zaskar.

Would like to hear what you guys think ?

WW.

Thanks Crank, had a look at that, doesn't really say much, but then again theré's not really info on the web bout these bikes

Not that particular frame, but I did read about the bikes in various reviews, they seem pretty good from what I read, they are a Dutch company ;)

Being Afrikaans maybe I need to support my heritage a bit :P

All thats worrying is buying a frame without riding it, even if you look at geometry diagrams (much the same as the Zaskar) one still can't be sure if u'll like it...

I got great service from BeOne when I bought my alu one from CRC. They are the distributors for them in the UK. Some will say you can also look at the chinese blank frames for about R4500 but the BeOnes are nice.

What about one of these ...CLICK HERE .... Kiwi should be able to get his hands On-One of these (pardon the pun).

The On-One Inbred I am on is seriously one of the best handling bikes I have ridden to date.

Hairy

Thanks for all the comments.

Mampara - looked at the generic frames but dont really like them

My GT - Ride a medium 18'' but looking at the BeOne sizing their 19'' will suite me better, 17" seems very small and I'm already running quite a high seatpost on the zaskar.

Hairy - Forgot about those - very nice but a few small things bother me :

- Need a frame asap if I buy one, so dunno if kiwi has any or when he can get

- slighty more expensive

- direct mount FD means I gotta buy a new one, dont really wana spend more money

- unsure what the final weight is, but the 18'' is 1300 vs 17'' 1030 for the BeOne so seems bit heavier as well

- BB : is BB92 the normal screw in external 68/72mm(?) type BB or something else ? Have Hope ceramic, dont wana chuck that...

Thanks for all the comments.

Mampara - looked at the generic frames but dont really like them

My GT - Ride a medium 18'' but looking at the BeOne sizing their 19'' will suite me better, 17" seems very small and I'm already running quite a high seatpost on the zaskar.

Hairy - Forgot about those - very nice but a few small things bother me :

- Need a frame asap if I buy one, so dunno if kiwi has any or when he can get

- slighty more expensive

- direct mount FD means I gotta buy a new one, dont really wana spend more money

- unsure what the final weight is, but the 18'' is 1300 vs 17'' 1030 for the BeOne so seems bit heavier as well

- BB : is BB92 the normal screw in external 68/72mm(?) type BB or something else ? Have Hope ceramic, dont wana chuck that...

I see your concerns

The On-One 456 is in the range of 1.5kgs for the 18" and is more of a trail / long travel type frame.

It would also help if you could re-use your existing components.

Good Luck with what you go with .. just take pics to share and ride the bike like it is stolen!

Yes I basically just want to build my parts onto a new frame, thats all, will maybe make a post under wanted and look in the classifieds as well.

Should have said I was referring to the XC whippet.

Damn I hate Scott thought, With the new Scott Scale 899 everything else just looks so heavy hehehe !