Mongoose Meteore elite 2009

lloydkayak

I have never ridden or actually really looked at a mongoose.

I have an option on a very nice Mongoose Meteore Elite 2009 Large (Perfect size frame for me)

Basically full XT with Hayes disc brakes and a rock shox recon race fork... very well specced too.

Anyone with any experience with these or opinions on the mongoose bikes in general.

It is slightly out of my price range at R8500 but man... very nice components...also with tubeless conversion too

check here

The Meteore is rated as a fun and dependable machine, not the best climber but not the worst either, slightly on the heavy side, (But who cares on a full sus anyway).

All and all a good fun bike,

Going to get pics tomorrow... Says the bike is as new only done around 400km with a full service at 300km. He has changed to dual sus carbon.

Not sure if negotiable but man, it seems perfect...

The geomitry on the Goose is slightly more relaxed than most racers. I`ve had mine for 2 years now - good fun. No issues, it tackles everything you can throw at it. I even took off the garage door with it on the back of the pick-up - no damage to the goose.

One of the better spec for your cash bikes around. Easy to upgrade aswell.

Two sayings I live by - "Rock out with ya co*k out" - and - "The Goose it loose"

I even took off the garage door with it on the back of the pick-up - no damage to the goose.

/hijack on/

Those American cars are tough. A bakkie would have been toast.

/hijack of/