22,23 & 24 Sept = Unofficial Training Camp = Cape

Hi All

I'm thinking along these lines if you not going down to do Karoo 2 Coast

Nice long weekend to clock up some BIG miles

Lets arrange our own training camp - free of charge

@ +-   28 - 30km/h ave.(stops included)

Saturday: We go out on our road bikes and do 140km ride (from outside Durbanville to the top of Bainskloof)

Sunday: We do the 4 passes (if we leave from Andrag it will be 160km)

Monday: We do another flat road ride (to Strand and back) @ +- 30km/h

Every ride will be within every body's capabillity and we cycle as a group.

If everyone got a MTB, (we can start the saturday with a MTB ride and not the road ride) we can do that gravel road ride outside of Durbanville at about 22 - 23km/h (97km long and not difficult)

So, Who need some good miles before the season starts?

Did I say this is in the northern suburbs of Bellville/Durbanville/Brackenfell? We dont need road permission as we is only a normal training group.

Maximum of 16 - 20 riders?

popeye2007-09-11 01:31:12

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25km/h??? My 17 yr old kids I train for MX cycle 120km faster than that and they dont even use PT's or race bicycles!!! 

Marius pick the pace up homeboy.

but that's what I'm saying Colonel, I can't remember when last I've gone that slow, maybe Pops is thinking Mtb speeds, 25km/h on the Mtb's sounds just about right! Road bikes 30-32km/h is a good LDT speed.

30-32 and I'll come on Monday I am away in PMB for a Motocross National and fly home on Sunday Night.

Maruis, 32km/h on the 4 passes and you are dead meat .

32 is to fast. Its 160 - 170km. You have 4 LONG passes to climb.

Go check your Polar, what was your DC ave. speed last year with only one climb.

But than, maybe you are to strong for what I think in doing. Lilo, you are welcome, we will not kill you on the ride.

32k-44km/h on the staights, 20km/h on the hills and then 60-80km/h on the downs = between 30-32km/hLOL Dink ons het so 31km/h ge-Av OomGeek maar ek dink dit was sonder al die freaken stoppe, ek werk aand ie ouens met die idee da tons almal CamleBak's vat en dan die stopped skip, maar die roadies wil niks weet van CamelBak op pad fiets nie..Ouch

"sonder al die freaken stoppe" = Jou flippen brood

Ek praat van 25km/h as jy daar voor jou huis stop en bicycle wegpak om te gaan slaap.

Is jy ook een van daai hoender wat hulle speedo's gestel het dat die tyd net loop as die voorwiel draai, en dan my na die tyd wil kom vertel hoe vinnig jou race was.

Ek hoop Lilo slaat jou met 'n koekroller sodat jou ligte kan aanswitch.

ja oom, my AutoStop funcition stopped working a long time ago, so now the function is on OFF always. But it's better than having the Watch stop recording while you are in the middle of a ride, dunno why it's doing that..

the Sunday and Monday rides are sounding very tempting...hmmmm...time to get into the family's good books so i can go bum at their places for a day or two...haha!

It is going to be a very loooooooong day if you are doing 25km/h for 160-170kms. Will definitely need to pack a lunch - breakfast won't be enough.

Maybe Marius and anyone else interested should put a faster group together?