Commuting makes me happy

Sequoia

Hello everybody, this is my first post on the Hub.

I've started commuting in to work this morning. Doing the dreaded M5-interchange route through Maitland. And I love it.  Smile There is nothing like dodging cars and taxis to wake you up in the mornings.  It sure beats fuming in my car when the traffic is going nowhere! I haven't been on my bike for a long time now, and commuting is a gentle way of getting into it again. I just had no idea my saddle was this hard! Wink Can't wait to get fit again. Big%20smile

Hey Sequoia! Welcome to TheHubSA! You're going to find lots of people here. Some funny, some not, some clever, some not, but all of them are mad about cycling!

Dont forget to post the obligatory pic of your bike (on the couch) so we can all see what you're riding!

And a pic of your sister / wife / girlfriend.

Big%20smile

Welcome.

Yes, commuting is LOTS of fun.  Also love it.  Do it about 3 out of the 5 days.  Not too far from work though - about 10km.  But the single track is AWSOME!!  Big%20smile

Enjoy and good luck with the fitnes....

welcome. some tips: nellie's the queen of hijackers. dr doesn't shave his legs. i'm one of the not-so clever people fandacious is talking about. big h/hendrik petoors thinks everyone's not so clever. 

welcome sequoia, i have to agree that commuting is great. i just wish i could find someone to commute with - it's not safe for a girl to go commuting alone into braamfontein. trust me, commuting is the best way to get fit without noticing, then you can really have a great time at weekends when you realise how much you're improving