different cassettes on 1 bike

ZippIt

Question: would you have issues with gear settings (ie would you need to adjust) if you had two wheels with different cassettes on them and ran them on the same bike. eg 11-23 on the 1 wheel and 11-25 on the other.

Question: would you have issues with gear settings (ie would you need to adjust) if you had two wheels with different cassettes on them and ran them on the same bike. eg 11-23 on the 1 wheel and 11-25 on the other.

I have 3 bikes and 5 sets of wheels and all are interchangable - cassettes are 11-23, 12-25, 11-25 - no worries.

Some of the wheels need a quarter turn up or down on the rear der cable tension though.

Some issues could appear if the wheel axle spacing is different. Shouldn't be though - tolerances there are quite small.

I run exactly the same set-up; 11-13 and 11-25. Agree with Eldron, needs some fine-tuning on the RD cable tension. Otherwise no issues at all.

I'll be doing it from next month. Zippit, will each casette have it's own chain? They need to, otherwise you'll have problems with chain length etc

Chain length is quite tolerant. I dropped from a 12-25, 53-39 combo to a 12-25, 50-34 combo and the chain length is still fine. It's a little bit longer than what it would be if I built the bike up from scratch, but it still works 100%.