Last week - You do not own the road

gato

Last week , Hub user 'ASH' made specific mention of cycling club ESMERO and raised a concern that they were not practicing safe cycling. Riding 3 abreast in Alexander Street and even made mention of the fact the he had photo's to show to police if a member of ESMERO got knocked over by a motor vehicle. ESMERO's Exco made arrangements to meet with 'ASH' yesterday to view these photos so that the matter could be addressed with the culprits within the club.However , 'ASH' was a no show yesterday. 'ASH' , I am again appealing to you to meet with me at Alexander Street today at 5:30p.m so that these photo's can be viewed.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week , Hub user 'ASH' made specific mention of cycling club ESMERO and raised a concern that they were not practicing safe cycling. Riding 3 abreast in Alexander Street and even made mention of the fact the he had photo's to show to police if a member of ESMERO got knocked over by a motor vehicle. ESMERO's Exco made arrangements to meet with 'ASH' yesterday to view these photos so that the matter could be addressed with the culprits within the club.However , 'ASH' was a no show yesterday. 'ASH' , I am again appealing to you to meet with me at Alexander Street today at 5:30p.m so that these photo's can be viewed.

Coffee shop dude coffee shop.

If some dude invited me to meet him on the side of the road to view some photos I would definitely be a no show.

Point taken. 'Ash' , please will you meet me at McDonalds today on Ontdekkers Street - the one opposite the Shell garage (cnr Ontdekkers and Gordon road). I will be there from 5.30 p.m.

Point taken. 'Ash' , please will you meet me at McDonalds today on Ontdekkers Street - the one opposite the Shell garage (cnr Ontdekkers and Gordon road). I will be there from 5.30 p.m.

Will you be the one holding a red rose, so he knows who you are?

My guess is that Ash was a one-hit wonder: his profile says he only joined 16 Sept and has 3 posts. Hmmm ...

Valid point LeTurbo, but I hope that he will meet with me because a statement like that makes ESMERO look real bad. Maybe he will come out from his little hiding place and make himself known.Will keep you posted

The fact that you have taken the time to try and address the issues speaks well of the club and your commitment to safe cycling.

Respect man. This type of behaviour is very prevalent in most any walk of life today. The way "we" (the collective "we" and very generalised) drive. The way "we" interact with each other when we are called on our mistakes. "We" no longer apologise and say sorry, we get agro and want to bash someones brain in.

And the really strange thing, our cycling safety is in our own hands. In any collision, the cyclist is likely to be hurt, maimed or even killed. You'd think with odds like that, we would have more self respect. How can we respect others when we lack this basic fundamental?

I'd like to suggest that as penance for riding like tjops, once exposed, peeps should be expelled from the clubs they ride for.

But like that's just my opinion.

Ash, dude, get your junk together and meet the man. If you are afraid, call in for backup. It is important to many that we get the attiudes of many cyclists sorted. Maybe this would be a good example.

Based on his comments(ASH), I take it you dont feel they were justified :unsure: Where they riding this idiots? Photo evidence or not.

Crack, my goal with wanting to meet ASH is to see whether my fellow club members were indeed riding/cycling dangerously.With his photo evidence, I was going to address it with the guilty club members and then hopefully get safer ESMERO cyclists on the road.Lets face facts , there are times when all of us 'cyclists' do wonder away from the so called 'safety' space on the road , but ASH watched my fellow club members do it over and over again and it disturbed him so much that he posted it on the Hub for all the cyclists out there to see.

Whether his comments were true or not , I cannot say , but he singled out ESMERO cycling club and as part of ESMERO cycling club's Exco , it is my duty to address it. Would you have reacted any differently Crack ?

Crack, my goal with wanting to meet ASH is to see whether my fellow club members were indeed riding/cycling dangerously.With his photo evidence, I was going to address it with the guilty club members and then hopefully get safer ESMERO cyclists on the road.Lets face facts , there are times when all of us 'cyclists' do wonder away from the so called 'safety' space on the road , but ASH watched my fellow club members do it over and over again and it disturbed him so much that he posted it on the Hub for all the cyclists out there to see.

Whether his comments were true or not , I cannot say , but he singled out ESMERO cycling club and as part of ESMERO cycling club's Exco , it is my duty to address it. Would you have reacted any differently Crack ?

Oh no, not at all. Im with you 100% on this. I say youre going about it the right way. I was just wondering if no one from the club had said or mentioned anything in their own defense. :)

Not prepared to meet with you or anyother cyclists after the last exchange of words with your cyclists ask you huge guy ( white and red bike something like Carrera)whether he threatened me or not,whilst I was having a go at another cyclist for which we both apologized the next day, Huge guy he was with the group yesterday had yellow top on

Seeing that you won't admit still riding up until yesterday afternoon four /five abreast on the loop let me open your request to your fellow riders to come and visit the loop any day from 16H45until around17H30(tues-Thurs) and witness for themselves the manner in which you ride.

Why don't you follow proper channels ASH, call the club chairman if you an issue.

I'm sorry you feel that way ASH and I hope you took more pics yesterday. The big guy is known to have a bad temper,but instead of watching ESMERO ride from your hideout (where ever that was)yesterday why didn't you meet with me. I was alone and waiting for you at McDonalds.You obviously read all the posts yesteday but instead of replying on the HUB you choose the cowards way of doing things.You went and hid in some bush to watch as you said , ESMERO cycle dangerously again.You should be ashamed of yourself ASH. I now find myself asking the question , are you really a concerned citizen worried that one of my team members might get killed on that road or you just a lonely fart lost in a wind storm. If my suspicions are correct about who you are , I am 100% sure that you will not call the Chairman of ESMERO (he has asked you to meet with him as well - remember) and neither will you email the pics to me because then I will know who you are and cowards don't like other people, 'real concerned citizens/cyclists' to know who they are.So instead of posting crap on the HUB 'ASH' , or until you are man enough to meet with me and show me the evidence why don't you rather just crawl back under that rock and stay there.Also , please do me a favour 'ASH' , don't reply to this post. I think all the HUBBERS can see what you are.