Do we need an attitude adjustment

Scooterza

Is the Hub full of bad attitude people  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the attitude on the hub is aggressive?

• Yes - too many grumpy people
    • No - the attitude is pleasant

I was just chatting to the manager of one of the bigger cycling clubs about the hub. They were saying they no longer read or post on the hub because of the numerous times they get abused for anything and everything they say or do.

It got me thinking that the hub is actually a pretty aggressive place in my opinion. Think about it - if you post a positive review on a product, within minutes someone is asking you if you work for the manufacturer/importer. Almost every thread seems to turn into a slanging match. <_< Why is that? Surely this ought to be a place where like-minded folks should be able to chat about a hobby they love?

So folks - do we need an attitude adjustment?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why dont you change your attitude first? :rolleyes:

Jokes Scooterza. I agree with you 100%. People are so miff these days.....

Surely this ought to be a place where like-minded folks should be able to chat about a hobby they love?

It's like asking a Bulls and a Sharks supporter to just get along because of a common love of rugger.

It is a forum based site - So there is bound to be agreements & disagreements. "I" dont think anyone should take offense, or be offended by what other people say,you dont know them really for one thing. Things will always get heated, its inevitable. I take all things with a pinch of salt thats for sure ;)

Personlly I may get annoyed, but never aggresive :P Now F%&* O@$

I reckon the ratio of tjops to good guys has definitely changed for the worse here. A real pity as it was always a good place .... many left a while ago never to return and those were mostly the better ones but ja :huh:

Problem is that some people dont value other people's opinions.

Its their way or no way...

If you dont like LA, Cyclalab, etc, etc you are dissed. If you hate them the same happens...

Too many highly opinionated over experienced wannabee pro cyclists, sales peeps, mechanics, race organizers, goodie bag packers,bike experts and route planners, and many others I forget about now on the hub that scare the heck out of anyone who would dare to have his/her own opinion.

Oi Oi...here we go again.

The HubSA has many positivies and loads of sharing information that is of beneficial to many.

However, and do agree..there are aggressive Hubbers.

I reckon the ratio of tjops to good guys has definitely changed for the worse here. A real pity as it was always a good place .... many left a while ago never to return and those were mostly the better ones but ja :huh:

Ermm, I'm still here :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well put, I love stats.

Problem is that some people dont value other people's opinions.

Its their way or no way...

Absolutely...and that extends far beyond a cycling related Forum.

just cos peeps are like minded, doesnt mean they have to agree on everything. I think there is a confusion of the issue there. While it is annoying sometimes, just ignore it. Why get your nickers in a bunch each time someone disagrees with you, or says something that offends your sensitivities (gets mirror, rereads speech... :P )

As for shop owners bailing etc, that's just poor form and a horrible excuse to run and hide from probably some just, if not somewhat exuberant, criticism. If they sharp enough, they can deal with negativity without resorting to cowardice.

Oi Oi...here we go again.

The HubSA has many positivies and loads of sharing information that is of beneficial to many.

However, and do agree..there are aggressive Hubbers.

Actually, get to know them. They're all real softies.

I think one of the problems on a forum like this (or any forum for that matter) is that it can be difficult to convey to your readers how you feel, there are no facial expressions, hand gestures, tapping of the head etc etc. When someone writes a quick comment that is stright to the point, it does not always mean they are being rude or demanding, prehaps thats just how they write? Some people are definately more sensitive than others as well.

I reckon its fine. Sometimes dudes get a little sarcastic...always as they know their names are hidden...perhaps they should change to include your actual names and then it all gets cleaned up. There is a plan.

I think the Hub is a cool place to check what opinions of folks are on products etc but also agree that forums are debates and guys and girls will be shirty with each other. I guess it's a respect thing too.

Maybe a reminder to people when they have not been on the Hub for a week orr so is also a good idea....that way you get your requests to a query answered by guys who dont bother responding. I mailed a guy(or a girl, not sure) 2 weeks ago asking for something and have not heard a thing since...why bother placing something for sale then.

I must say...the guy offering a free fridge is great. But maybe a little too far for a cycling website. Maybe he could have said "buy a tube for 1 Rand and get a fridge for free"

Just an idea.