Paarl DH

loveme.DH/FR

Heres a clip of The entire section of the "Late Harvest" DH trail in paarl.

Rider:

Zeno Graziani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1qKNt6AJ8

Note he doesnt do the BIG Double (takes the chicken run at the blues sign)

and there is a newly built- Massive double as you get onto the wide jeep track b4 the last 2 berms.

Please feel free to add any other Paarl DH/FR Specific footage or info here!

Are non-DH's allowed to politely enquire where exactly this trail starts?

I've watched it, and it appears to come out at the bottom(ish) of the Taal Monument tar road, just after the first bend to the right(??)...

But clueless as to where it starts?

Fanks!

anyone can ride> just one simple logical rule: down has right of way. otherwise, go away :P

starts at the entrance to the taal monument. There are two tracks. With your back to the entrance gate, Late harvest is on your right hand side. On your left thru the barricade, is the start of hte other track that leads down along the fence, and hten enters what's called The Playground, or Utah as LDF calls it :) Very apt that.

Late harvest is nice in that it doesnt cross the road leading to the Taal Monument. Going over from the playground into the forest section requires crossing that tar road. not a dangerous thing, but just one thing to consider.

Hope that help.s

\We hit Paarl Taal again this weekend, Worked mostly on the Playground/Utah Track. Was awesome, more of a freeride course compared to Late Harvest. A friend was riding a XC bike and clipped in, he found both routes tough, but said the latter was better for xc bikes. Also said that he learnt really fast about clipping in and out!! which is a good lesson for any XCer. Just remember to lower your seat post, and bring an extra tube! He had a rear tire blow out 20m into his 1st run down Late harvest.

Xcers can do some uphill training on the jeep tracks up and down..

LFD: have you tried Eden yet? Some nice terrain to practise jumps, ST and drops. Pretty much everything without the loooong trek up without a bakkie to take up back up again

That looks like a pretty cool trail, someone build a mountain in JHB. . . . .

What about the mine dumps? They pretty steep! Would make awesome sections of DH trails.

\We hit Paarl Taal again this weekend, Worked mostly on the Playground/Utah Track. Was awesome, more of a freeride course compared to Late Harvest. A friend was riding a XC bike and clipped in, he found both routes tough, but said the latter was better for xc bikes. Also said that he learnt really fast about clipping in and out!! which is a good lesson for any XCer. Just remember to lower your seat post, and bring an extra tube! He had a rear tire blow out 20m into his 1st run down Late harvest.

Xcers can do some uphill training on the jeep tracks up and down..

Thanks for the info - will take a slow ride down the Late Harvest route, and have a looksie...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info - will take a slow ride down the Late Harvest route, and have a looksie...

Didn't have much time yesterday afternoon - but rode down the first 50 metres of Late Harvest... Good thing it has chicken runs available on some of those jumps - I quickly realised why it's considered to be a DH trail :D ...

Will spend some more time doing a recce asap - looks promising... Am considering getting my mate to hit it with his Anthem X... Him being a former DH'ler - he's still convinced he can do/ride anything, even on a XC full-susser - should be fun to watch :P ....

• 3 weeks later...

I went there for the first time on my dirt jump bike(not a good idea), bumpy :P . still had a good time though , wallride was awesome :D , there is a pretty dangerous part though ,Just before you cross that road there is a steep hill you go down ,and its pretty hard to hop the storm drain at that angle :o i would say impossible