Need some advice

I had the flu 2 weeks before the Lost City.  Went and did the race and for the first time ever started cramping.  Could feel that I had been ill, also, when drinking water, I could feel the strength leave my legs (i.o.w. whenever there was no oxygen going to the muscles).

Ever since then my legs have been really sore and tired.  Especially from the knees up, inside of the knees, ITB & Quadriceps

I'm still training, but getting worried now, because I'm constantly working against pain.  Still feeling that draining sensation too whenever I'm training hard and drink water..

Unfortunately medical aid has been used up for this year, so looking for alternatives.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had that ?deadly flu? two weeks before WP champs ? a total disaster, only advice - take at least ten days off or very easy riding. I?ve only started with longer rides last weekend and only feeling better now, although legs still sore, but feel much better.

I suggest you take a few easy days Chilli, think you are doing more damage than good if you training hard with sore legs, they need to recover before you can push them hard again. I know it sucks, but you have to do it. Marius2007-09-11 02:08:54

I've got the Dischem race in two weeks time.  Beee's going to be so strong after the Selati tour, I don't feel as if I can afford not training these next two weeks, especially after losing so much ground with the flu. :(  Maybe if I just go a bit easier on the training?

I can tell you what works for me, after a race I'd do a recovery ride the next day, L1-L2 for 1h00-1h30, then take the next day off. Then I'm ready to train hard again. But Lilo takes a whole lot longer to recover after a race, she'll take 2-3days off after a race and then only start training again.

Just listen to your body, if it's really sore and you can't perform the exersices you suppose to then you need more rest, if you can still perform them then I think you are ok.

BEEE will be strong but she too will take a dip.  The Selati will take out of her.

So don't worry about her.......REST!!!  I think I've told you that......REST!!!

Hardegat.

I've got the Dischem race in two weeks time.  Beee's going to be so strong after the Selati tour' date=' I don't feel as if I can afford not training these next two weeks, especially after losing so much ground with the flu. :(  Maybe if I just go a bit easier on the training?[/quote']

Chilli, you will perform worse in the Dischem if you don't rest. Your legs are trying to tell you something so listen to them.

I rememeber the story of a marathon runner back in the eighties who got sick about 3 weeks before the olympics. He did NO training for the three weeks before and ended up winning the marathon.

Ja Chilli luister na Phillip!!!Beee gaan baie moeg wees en dit sal beter vir haar wees as sy nie onnodig hard ry vir n paar weke nie.So dalk moet julle twee daai race net doen vir die ervaring en dan liewer in Oktober en November lekker hard gaan as julle albei sterk is!!!

Hou die bene net lekker aan die gang en dan bou jy stelsel matig op!!

Chilli

Did you watch Greys Anatomy last night?? Seeing them cut that guys legs open while he was awake... will make me rest if I just think my legs are tired in future.. that was scary stuff... Even my puppy could not look... Dead

Hey Chilli, sorry to hear you are battling. If it is attacking your muscles I would definitely say rest because that means it is probably attacking your heart as well.

You will probably race better having rested than actually trying to push through the pain, which is likely to make you worse and worse.

If you really have to go for easy rides no longer than an hour to build yourself up, no breaking down allowed.

You know what it took me to be taught to listen to my body, I don't want you to end up like that, so take it easy bud, rather enjoy the rest and extra time you have!!

Wonder Woman2007-09-11 03:10:58

I could try record the rerun for you if you wish...LOL

But seriously it is probably something we should all think about..

He tried to run a marathon while not 100% well.. and he took some Aspirin to help with pain and like I said it all went Down hill very fast from there...

And don't worry I have not managed to eat since then... So I could be down to about 60kg or the D2D.. :)

Okay' date=' moet ek dan nou glad nie oefen nie?  Of net baie lig?  Ek wil die naweek weer saam Velo gaan ry?[/quote']

Hou net die bene lekker aan die gang,as jy gaan spin doen dit rustig en dalk moet jy ons sommer join saterdag vir ons pre race ride,lekker rustige ride vir so uur of twee.