radio 2000 - cyclists

pastapouch

nevermind, it wasn't a discussion, the lady just wanted to know why a cyclist rode in the middle of the lane this morning.

nevermind' date=' it wasn't a discussion, the lady just wanted to know why a cyclist rode in the middle of the lane this morning.

[/quote']

because they belong to Cyclelab or Club 100.

well, you never know, maybe this dude wasn't riding as IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD and rather not right on the curb. You know how motorists can excagerate. 1m from the pavement and you're in the middle of the road.

Or you might be turning right somewhere then you also need to move over into the "middle" of the road.

To be quite honest, I decided this morning that I had enough of motorists and will not go and get involved in these arguments anymore.  Had an idiot this morning who had a lot to say because I was in the middle of the road (avoiding glass) but he was turning without using his indicator.  Yet me avoiding the glass was not affecting him in any way.

Can't argue with an ignorant fool.  They just try and pull you down to their level and then try to beat you on experience.

Or you might be turning right somewhere then you also need to move over into the "middle" of the road.

I get hooted at regularly when I have to cross 3 lanes of traffic so that I can turn right. Smile and wave, smile and wave....

I normaly wave back at them very politely, with an open hand, and muttering to myself "pick a finger you @#$%&*^"

Road traffic regulations allows you to ride in road, does not say at side or next to curb. You are just not allowed to ride two abreast, except when overtaking, which must be done as quick as possible. It is the responsibilty of vehicle approaching from rear to allow enough space for SAFE OVERTAKING.

Maybe we should tell motorists we do it to make sure we are seen. Okay, maybe this argument is because I come from where the last few people who have been ridden over were in the emergency lane.

If there is a lot of debris on the side of the road, I will ride nearer to the middle to avoid it.

Wannebe, do you always only ride single file....We don't obey the rules 100% so how can we expect the cars to do the same. I feel as long as they are looking to safety and we do the same there should not be a problem. 

Problems only comes in when people are impatient. Sometimes to the point where all I can do is laugh because otherwise I'd probably give up cycling and cry!!

well' date=' you never know, maybe this dude wasn't riding as IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD and rather not right on the curb. You know how motorists can excagerate. 1m from the pavement and you're in the middle of the road.

[/quote'] ..but as mampara stated there are those who believe they have a divine right to the road and I have seen them often. The Bruma, Observatory area springs to mind. Delgado2007-09-11 06:54:17

true delgado. Worst is two riders abreast in peak traffic...Angry and when you show them to ride single file, the response is "ag whatever"..then you wanna drive over them.

Maybe we should tell motorists we do it to make sure we are seen. Okay' date=' maybe this argument is because I come from where the last few people who have been ridden over were in the emergency lane.

If there is a lot of debris on the side of the road, I will ride nearer to the middle to avoid it.

[/quote']

agree, ww, and the nearer you ride to the side of the road, the nearer they drive to the side of the road

I had a similar incident with a visitor from the free state a while back, he had a hissy cause I was in the middle of the road so that I could turn right. We exchanged pleasantries and then the chop spat on me as he rode past... what a tonsil!!