Whoa!! I it worth it???

Dicky DQ

The Argus is an institution, every cyclist should do it a few times. Doesnt matter where you start it is a international celebration of cycling. Of course the fees are a bit rude and then you spend some more at the expo and then a few upgrades for the bike and get buy all sorts of gels and bars. Of course it is worth it.

I do feel sorry for the Gauties who have to travel, but there are normally more Gauties than Capies in the Argus.

The Argus is an institution' date=' every cyclist should do it a few times. Doesnt matter where you start it is a international celebration of cycling. Of course the fees are a bit rude and then you spend some more at the expo and then a few upgrades for the bike and get buy all sorts of gels and bars. Of course it is worth it.

I do feel sorry for the Gauties who have to travel, but there are normally more Gauties than Capies in the Argus.
[/quote']

You are right FF. The general public do not see you as a cyclist if have not done the "August" or the 94.7. They only think there are 2 races a year. And you have to do them atleast once just to experience it.

Regarding the expo, I think the 94.7 expo is better.

I find it a great weekend away, yip a bit expensive but I love the relaxed atmosphere of CPT and really enjoy the weekend, so I think it is worth it and the race is just a good excuse to get down there Big%20smile

The Argus is an institution' date=' ...[/quote']

no problem with that, but, its R80 more than Dome to Dome... + day licence is R110 more. That's almost the cost of two smaller races.Confused

You wil not experience ANYTHING like it in your life. 

Something you have to do at LEAST once.  Thumbs%20Up

Take R5k and go enjoy the week.  Take a day for the expo.  A day at Ratanga.  Day for the aquarium.  Two days for wine farms.  Watch the Giro riders do their thing on the hill climb. 

The money is supposed to go to a good cause... (at least some of it).

I too was wondering if I wanted to face the masses again, but mrs mountain_lion decided that entering will force us to do some training, so I will be doing number 11 next year (on my hybrid - that is as close to a road bike that I get Tongue)

A day at Ratanga.

I haven't done this

Day for the aquarium.

Nor this

Two days for wine farms.

Now we are talking - done this lots Big%20smile

Watch the Giro riders do their thing on the hill climb. 

And love doing this - cheering for everyone one I know - TCS, Neotel, Acsis etc

Take R5k and go enjoy the week.  Take a day for the expo.  A day at Ratanga.  Day for the aquarium.  Two days for wine farms.  Watch the Giro riders do their thing on the hill climb. 

you forgot to tell them to go to the mountain as wellLOLLOLLOL

Three years ago I did exactly that. Added a few extras - Friday nite - tri nations, Sat am ride with mates.

Best weekend I have had for a long time. And my daughter and I rode the tandem on a spectacular Cape day.

Want to do the same with my younger daughter.

I hate the Argus' date=' but no one has ever asked me for my "Remax Breakfast Ride" time... [/quote']

Ok I will bite - What was your Remax Breakfast Ride time, it better be something spectacular.