Q Rings = Knee Pain!?

Wannabe

Since I fitted the Q Rings to my bike, I have been experiencing pain in my right knee after riding (not during ride, only afterwards, once cooled down).

Just fitted the rings, did not make ANY ADJUSTMENTS to my setup at all. I did not have any problems with knee pains before. Anyone experienced this?

To try and explain simptoms, it is on inside of right knee, just left of and slightly below the kneecap. It is not bad, but worrying, as I never had this problem before.
Wannabe2007-09-11 08:03:18

Experienced the same problem - lifted my saddle about 2 mm and the pain disappeared. Only done 2 rides after the adjustment so lets hope for the best.

No, no, no - the rings IMPROVE power and REDUCE knee problems.

It must be in your mind (like the giant power gains) LOL

I also ride these ring - definately a power increase.

The problem is the Qring allow you to work through the whole pedal stroke with no "rest" dead spot. Thus your muscles per stroke never get any recovery. This in turn could probable cause knee pain.

I also ride these ring - definately a power increase.
Shhhhhhh even though my boet and I cannot believe the extra "power" we have with the Q rings on the tandem but I suggest that we not talk about it too much cause we are bound to be slammed by 10 million scientific theories why what we feel is placebo.

Since I fitted the Q Rings to my bike' date=' I have been experiencing pain in my right knee after riding (not during ride, only afterwards, once cooled down).

Just fitted the rings, did not make ANY ADJUSTMENTS to my setup at all. I did not have any problems with knee pains before. Anyone experienced this?

To try and explain simptoms, it is on insede of right knee, just left of and slightly below the kneecap. It is not bad, but worrying, as I never had this problem before.
[/quote'] I had mine fitted aout a month ago but only done two flat 40km rides and so far my stoker and I have not experienced any pain. We will be doing Tour de Vino this weekend and I will report back.

have never experienced knee pain associated to Q-Rings.

A drop in saddle height yes

A slight change in position on the shoe cleat, yes

but not the Q-rings.

Perhaps your muscles are just improperly balanced and the Q-rings are sorting them out?Big%20smile

No' date=' no, no - the rings IMPROVE power and REDUCE knee problems.

[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Golefty, absolutely no changes was made to setup. I have the Look type cleats with a lot of float (red ones), so I should stay in the natural plane during my pedal stroke.

Popeye, these guys are disapointing me, I expected a no holds free for all over this question of mine!Wink

http://www.33smiley.com/smiley/humor/6.gif

BigBen, pass the popcorn please.  The credits are rolling in, but the action is taking a long time to start.  Better get settled in...

No' date=' no, no - the rings IMPROVE power and REDUCE knee problems.

[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Yip that is true.

First we need to see if it not a latent injury.

With teh ohyios and chiro's w ework with we find with cyclists is that their quads are very strong and tend to pull the knecap off centre causing pain.

the pain on the side of the knee often is a beginning of ITB which is an overuse injury and this can be pedal and cleat position to. It can also be due to saddle and set up.  

I am not discounting the fact that Q rings could have an influence on this but they do definitely reduce knee pain as many cyclists riding them have had knee pain which has dramatically reduce or stopped.

We have had comments from  physio's working with the rings and their patients with such results.

Guys I only hope your pain is not serious and that you consider set up checks, your warm up and stretching before and after your ride.

Please let me know how it progresses so we can assist and advise you where best we can.