Q Rings = Knee Pain!?

Wannabe

AAAAhhhh' date=' do we have to go through this topic again on Q rings, and listen to IvanB blow his horn.[/quote']

Hey Hey

I am assisting here not even talking Q Rings. it is serious if someone is injured and we need to help them get it right.

I certainly do not want it to be my product or my fault. I can do this by pm if you want.Then you will say why didnt Ivan respond.

rather dont read what you dont want to see.

It is that easy here you just don't click on that topic!

With teh ohyios and chiro's w ework with we find with cyclists is that

their quads are very strong and tend to pull the knecap off centre

causing pain.

Enough about the foreigners. What about us souf effricans, do we pull the knecap off center? Wink

Yikes check my typing!!

Thats physio's (physiotherapists) and chiro's (chiropractors)

I dunno have a look do you? LOL

Knee injuries are serious business, it can end the fun of running cycling or any sport quickly.

Another point of interest which can also be factor to these knee pains. Leg extensions or knee extension it should be called is a bad exercise as it puts tremendous force on the ligaments etc in the knee when the weight is loaded and this seems to be a cause of many ligament injuries as the lower leg is pulled away from the upper leg and then the leg extension exercise is done while the ligaments are under strain. Sport medicine is now saying leg extension is a no no rather lunge or squat.

Wannabe, the boet and I did Tour de Vino which was first funrace on the tandem with Q rings and both of us did not feel any specific knee pain but I can tell you that my gluets (spelling??)  are sore and I believe that it is directly attributable to the fact the fact we climbed Hellshoogte without going into granny once.

I can tell this that we are not 100% comfy on the tandem since fitting the Q's but I do believe that it is a combination of very bad winter unfitness and that bike set up needs some tweeking.

Sorry guys, was out of contact for a while.

Ok, did make a slight adjustment to saddle height (+- 2mm up). Only recently remembered that I did move my saddle forward a bit. That causes a drop in saddle height. Knee felt ok during week's short/ hard sessions. Will be doing some long rides this long weekend. Will report back next week.

Tx for your concern and feedback.