geax metzal tires

Tjokkits

what do you guys think of these, ive put them on and loved them to bits, fast and grips well, but then...the sidewall went, spoiled my logwood ride could only finish the first lap.  gonna exchange but really hope its now a flaw with the product???

mmm, how long are u using your tires? i took mine to the shop and you could dsee the inside was not good, the rep will look at it tomorrow i do hope its a once off thingConfused

tjokkits is my 7kg cat who runs a reign of terror in the house, he almost weighs more than my road bike!!

• 3 months later...

I used them for a race to try them out and found them to be rubbish compared to my Kenda's (Nevegal front and small block eight rear). Less grip and traction. But my biggest gripe was the weak sidewalls. Cornering on them was like riding a pool noodle.

Race was 3 laps of 10km's. Lost over 15min on small sections of sgl track...my speciality!

The second set after my exchange by the bikeshop is still holding out well, for me they are good except in mud, they hold on to mud like there is no tomorrow, making my wheels double their weight!!Confused 

Other than that I am happy but I am not somebody who demands a lot from tyres so not sure if Im a good test for them.

Crow- the mezcal is a dry weather XC/Marathon tyre so you can't compare it to a nevegal in the first place. Its fine for its intended use but don't use it in the mud. Mud is right the Sugauro is a brill tyre, bit pricey though. I do all my general racing/training on Kenda Karma or Maxxis Larsen Mimo's,(for mud). For short track I use Maxxis's Oriflames/Mimo's and Klimax Lite for marathon racing