Trails near Rigel Avenue

Saffa_G

hey hubbers....I always see the hills around the KLOOF hospital neat Rigel avenue in PTA EAST.  Does anyone know if you can ride those hills etc or if anyone does ride there?   They look like funBig%20smileLOL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup....

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that has done the trails or that knows someone that knows someone.

It was (still is???) the old Erasmus farm.

As far as knowledge goes, it still belongs to them so it is private property.

But I might be mistaken......

dammit, that means they gonna shoot me if i go there on my Trance :(  I will do some investigation :0 

Thanks Spinne!

ok the normal , don't go there alone . And when you take that downhill that runs next to the houses be very carefull ! There use to be a gate at the top where you could enter but I have not been there in ages .

I have been there once or twice AGES ago, some very very nice trails, and they link up to the singletrack on the other side of the highway, through a tunnel, which I would say is better than the trails on the hospital side, which is VERY rocky. If you go to the other side and go all the way to the top of the koppie, there's a couple of small jumps there as well, that leads out into a tar road.

Would be the perfect place to build some North Shore style loops etc IMO, problem is there's lots of "hijackers in the making" living there. Defiantly not a place to go ride on your own.. group of 5 guys at least...

ok the normal ' date=' don't go there alone . And when you take that downhill that runs next to the houses be very carefull ! There use to be a gate at the top where you could enter but I have not been there in ages .[/quote']

Nah best place to enter is go to the road where the hospital is, right at the end there's a gate...used to be open, as you go through there's some jeep track that leads to a mudhole/water crossing. If the gate is closed, just ride up to rigel and jump the steel fence thingy at the corner of rigel and the N1....just watch it as this takes you right down into a little "settlement"...but some SUPER SWEET singletrack.

Would be sooooo cool if someone can buy up this land, fence it off and turn it into a bike - aka Logwood....just the terrain will make it WAAAAAAAAAY nicer than the current Logwood.

_Daemon_  : are you offering to be a guide?  Huh?  If we can get some guys together i'd love to go ride it....the jumps sound fun

I am VERY keen to go play there again, DR, Thug, you two in as well? With Gordon and Saff we are 5, and I am sure we can get more people to go. Maybe even take Manibles helmet cam with?

dammit' date=' that means they gonna shoot me if i go there on my Trance :(  I will do some investigation :0 

Thanks Spinne!

[/quote']

My trance have a dent already so a couple of bullet holes will go nicely with the dent ;)

Hey guys, wouldn't mind joining you if you do venture out there. Always looking for more trails that side of the world. So count me in.