Celeb seen on Klapperkop

Evan Andreou

Was suffering like a dog in the hills with MrPV and Nirvana

Loop over Klapperkop onto R21, up Elephant, up Pikkewyn and over Klapperkop again.

On our 3rd lap we saw none other than Taylorchick Stardoing a photo shoot with Sean Badenhorst (I think)

This of course inspired us to do several more Klapperkop repeats than planned, but alas no photo opportunities for usLOLLOL 

Thanks guys for the entertainmentClap

Saw them as well, think they were doing a cover for a future Bicycling mag? Well anyway, I was riding along and Sean and Cherise waved at me and asked for an autograph...ShockedShockedI said "no ways, cant you see im trying to train here?..." Only joking!! Looking forward to the coverTongue

Hey taylorchick DESERVES a cover after her fantastic result at the junior Worlds!!  An awesome excuse for Sean to take loads of pics of her!

Hey taylorchick DESERVES a cover after her fantastic result at the junior Worlds!!  An awesome excuse for Sean to take loads of pics of her!

probably wayne taking the photos... HMMM, maybe we should vote on some previews on thehub...Big%20smile

Yes, we did a Bicycling photo shoot with Cherise yesterday on Klapperkop. Saw a few  guys doing repeats up and down the climb. We were impressed at their commitment - and their pace - as it was hot and dry and there were a few dodgy 'lurkers' driving around!

The photographer was Aubrey Jonsson, who we use for most of our Gauteng covers. He won the national Mondi Award for Best Photograph in 2005. Aubrey is a perfectionist and is a keen cyclist himself, which makes it a pleasure to work with him. He shot the current issue's cover with Claudia Feige the triathlete.

During the riding shots of Cherise, I drove the bakkie ahead of her at around 25kph all the way up the top part of the climb (after the split to the Fort entrance). She kept that pace comfortably and was still able to smile the entire way (we did that three times). Superb athlete that!

Obscure fact alert! Last time I was on Klapperkop was 18 years ago (just before Cherise was born!) as a junior at 1989 SA road champs where the likes of Burgess, Ries, Richardson, Welgemoed and Ribbins were tearing our legs off in a 10 x 10km lap race. This Klapperkop visit was far less painful!

Sean Badenhorst2007-09-13 08:21:29

probably wayne taking the photos... HMMM' date=' maybe we should vote on some previews on thehub...Big%20smile
[/quote']

I agree!!

So SB when can we expect some previews - lol

ya from the maties team we were wondering if cherise and yolandi could put in guest appearances at the upcoming sassu tour??Wink

hmmm someone mentioned "lurkers"....  that place is super suspect, go on a Sunday afternoon and see what happens.....

all i can say is if you there too ride the downhill coarse dont be a guy and ride in the car too pick up your friend at the bottom of the coarse.

hmmm someone mentioned "lurkers"....  that place is super suspect' date=' go on a Sunday afternoon and see what happens..... [/quote']

inside info?

probably wayne taking the photos... HMMM' date=' maybe we should vote on some previews on thehub...Big%20smile
[/quote']

Cervelo..isn't Wayne with RIDE mag??Ermm

But hey...will really be looking forward to the next issue of Bicycling thenBig%20smile. You go Taylorchic!!!!!ClapStarBig%20smileSmileClapStar