Sad News - Mark Stockton

mojopup

Hi Hubbers,

Just to let you know, Mark Stockton died suddenly this evening.

Many of you will know Mark as the eternal mountain biker, hubber, father and friend.He will be greatly missed.

I will be arranging the memorial for him which will be at van Gaalens on Friday at 11am. If anyone needs any details feel free to email me at dianelogie at mweb dot coza.

I will also be arranging a memorial ride in the coming weekends.

For those of you who are friends on fb with him, please can we not post it on fb as there are family members who still need to be notified.

Regards

Di - AKA Moab

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Di,

I woke up to this dreadful news.

From the little I know, I hope you and Leigh can deal with what you had to go through.

My thoughts are with Ilma, Kurt, Cian and Jessie.

Very saddened at the passing of a cycling buddy and friend.

One word, mate: PEACE

What happened? He was still on the hub 2 days ago??

Not sure. According to the SMS I got, Di and Leigh performed CPR on him until the medics arrived. I think everyone is still in shock.

Morning all,

Tumbleweed is correct. I got the call last night to come help, I responded and called Leigh for assistance. We did cpr for approx 10 - 15mins until medics arrived.

Just an update - his wife has asked me to hold on the above arrangements until I hear from her. I will keep you all posted.

We were chatting just this week about doing another mine dump ride. It was on one of these, organised thought the hub, that I met Mark in person for the first time, and it's where our friendship started. I now own the Cannondale he is pictured with here.

post-1604-019388100 1285732392.jpg

Guest teh_runnah

Devastating news and e-mail I received this morning from Ilma. My prayers and thoughts are with her and kids.

Mark will be sorely missed.

Jeez, very sad to hear. I've never met him but had a couple of conversations with him on the Hub. Felt like I actually knew him since we were in "conversation" almost daily. Very sad news indeed. Condolences to his family & friends.

This is such sad news.

Strength to Ilma and the family at this time.

I will never forget the support that Mark gave Barry & I when we rode Cradlequest. From giving me directions on the morning to going right out of his way to be there and cheer us over the line... we even stopped midway during stage 1 for a chat :)

He was such a supportive and proud dad and although I've never met Kurt, I could list a lot of his achievements!

Sorry that we didn't get that Breedts Nek ride in that we joked about on FaceBook this past weekend, but the rides I did have with you were always fun.

To the friends that I am aware of that were close to him; Di, Hardus and Barry.. I hope you find comfort.

Mark, you will be missed in the cycling community - RIP

post-2276-056500800 1285735085.jpg

I will never forget the support that Mark gave Barry & I when we rode Cradlequest. From giving me directions on the morning to going right out of his way to be there and cheer us over the line... we even stopped midway during stage 1 for a chat :)

Oh my gosh, Denise, thanks for that memory. It was so cool to see his smiling face as we toiled during that TT! I have been trawling through pics of our rides together since early this morning. We used to bite each other crap all the time on those rides, and bait each other. But we'd always crack a beer afterwards.

:D

Had some Hub chats and one business dealing with Mark. All round Good Guy.

Rest in peace Mark and strength and blessings to his family and friends.

Such a sad way to start the day...never met him but the name was so familiar and part of my Hub family. Condolences to his family and his friends, especially those of you who are on the Hub. May his soul rest in peace. Michael Hurter