Kormorant Cycling Classic 2007

Wilro 100 2007

Cycle Lab Tour Durban 2007

Removed:

Belgotex Carpets Super Classic 2006

Kormorant Cycling Classic 2006

Wilro 100 2006

Mr Price Tour Durban 2006

I phone and e-mail the timing co.s and on-line events and get buttons back and lame, lame excuses and each side blaming the other.

Seeding ladder, either do it or don't do it - we pay for timing but it's not much use without an up-to-date ranking.  & it's frustrating to be seeded on a February result for a race in October.

That's it, feel better now, until next time I check the d@mn thing.

I agree, on Sunday I am a group behind my mates because they are so slow with the seeding index. I did not race much in the last two years due to Ironman training and have been racing now to get my index higher.

If this is the situation I will just train as per normal, not race and all the race organisers can stick their race fee's.

At least running races are worth the money.

I did not race much in the last two years due to Ironman training and have been racing now to get my index higher.

At least running races are worth the money.

hey fees, why's this bothering you, you don't need a seeding for IM Big%20smile

I do the 94.7 every year, just for the hell of it and want to start at a decent time. Also want to get the seeding dwon so if I do decide to race then I get a good seeding.

You up for IM again next year?

it is totally rubbish, everytime i ask all i get told is they awaiting for the timing companies, are we living in the dark ages, pc's are supposed to make things alot quicker, guess we will be fun riders for ever...

or licence and by-pass all this nonsense.

I do the 94.7 every year' date=' just for the hell of it and want to start at a decent time. Also want to get the seeding dwon so if I do decide to race then I get a good seeding.

You up for IM again next year?
[/quote']

decided not this year, too risky... and it gets in the way of the energade tri series.

yip...must take revenge on this years disaster.

So what you're basically telling me is that its totally pointless in entering all these races to try and improve my seeding.

An expensive lesson learnt.

Question Isn't it possible for CL to use the results that are posted on CC and WT and transfer them to the names on the data base of the SSL manually? By doing this at least the SSL will stay alive. Surely once the results are posted by the timing companies, the info could be used to update the seedings. It will mean work for a person to capture this info, but will eliminate all the time spend on the phone by CL to try and defend the inefficiencies of the timing companies, who are not keeping their side of the deal.Question

So what you're basically telling me is that its totally pointless in entering all these races to try and improve my seeding.

An expensive lesson learnt.

You can present your results at the registration at 94.7 and they will reseed you Thug.

All is not lost Thug, they will update eventually, then the trick is to know when to stop complaining.

Because at some time you/me are going to peak and then we want to see bugger-all updates for several years.

So as with most things, it's all in the timing*.

But, of course, spending money on entries leaves less for nice shirts.

(*Pun kinda intentional)

You guys are damm lucky, maybe they are slow with the races, but our Capies don't even have races on that list.

So, don't that the Supersport mislead you in giving you a seeding , position per age group and all that rubbish,

half the country is not on because our races is not listed.

Fair enough Pops, good to see you back and posting like a pro.

Thing is we tend to see what we don't have more than what we do but it seems a relatively simple thing to keep the index going.

Cyclelab say they do it for nothing but if they charge a couple of Rand per rider to the events using their seeding it might put a bit of oomph into the system.  Money makes a difference.

Hi guys, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I suppose this will not answer your question nor solve this problem but we are JUST as frustrated about this situation if not MORE frustrated.

We do give you the answer that we are waiting on the timing companies and that is exactly what we are doing. We VERY recently received the results for the Bela Bela Classic (CC) as well as the Knysna Oyster Festival (WT) which we will be updating early next week. Really busy with PowerAde Dome to Dome at the moment, I?m sure you will understand?

Correct me if you think I?m wrong but its only Championchip timed events that you guys are waiting for? We?ll, as mentioned above we are just as frustrated with the situation.

Quoted: ?So, don't that the Supersport mislead you in giving you a seeding , position per age group and all that rubbish,

half the country is not on because our races is not listed.?

Popeye,

Please let me know which event in the Cape you are looking to be added to the index? We have to maintain a certain criteria / standard and if any of the events you refer to qualify, please let me know and we will DEFINITELY consider this. In the past we have added the ?bigger? events like the Argus, Burger / Sanlam, Cape Cobra, Tour de Winelands and Construction du Cap. All these are currently on the index. Races from East London as well as PE are on the index as well.

In closing I would like to ask you to contact me personally if you need more info and I will gladly try and help.

Regards

Erick Oosthuizen

erick@cyclelab.com

The power of the Hub, ladies and gents.....ClapClapClapClap

Erick.

Thank you for getting back and answering the questions asked.  Nice to see people still care and take their "job" seriously!!!

Good luck on the D2D.