Team Barloworld

BMCfan

British registered team sponsored by International company with head office in SA.

Why would the sign SA riders???

Company interests are dictated to according to their target market. A lot of the time they may sign a rider because a) he's good enough b) he's from the right country in business terms.

Darryl Impey is going to ride for Barloworld in 2008.Smile

awsum!!daryl is such a talented rider he needs to be based in europe again!

"Barloworld is continuing to consolidate and improve the team's line-up for 2008, extending the close relationships with key riders and signing new talented riders. John Lee Augustyn, Paolo Longo Borghini and Geraint Thomas were all under contract for 2008, leading riders Mauricio Soler and Rob Hunter will both remain with the team, as will key support riders Diego Caccia, Felix Cardenas and Gianpaolo Cheula."

good to see that they are keeping their stong riders!pro tour next year??think that there are 3 pro tour teams dropping out at the end of thie year... 

British registered team sponsored by International company with head office in SA.

Why would the sign SA riders???

What SA company has ever sponsored a Pro Tour level Team? they just sponsor local pro-am teams much cheaper.Hats off to Barloworld for what they are doing for the sport.They registered their company in UK cos of SA political interference in their affairs BEE etc. NNF.

YOU ARE KIDDIN ME?!  SERIAAS???  Please don't tell me you are joking.  That kid has some serious talent and wil do GREAT if he gets mentally tough.  Awesome.

After the grilling Andrew McLean gave him on Supersport, I thought he sounded like he was resigned to race in SA, but BArloworld is a great opportunity.  Let's hope he steps up because he has some serious talent.  Go Darrel!Clap

ErmmOriginally posted by Hill Climber

Somehow I don't think so - where did you hear this?

Hearld from "reliable source" that James Perry has asked to leave TBL because he has had another offer where he will be allowed to use his own initiative instead of being always the teams paceman. His wife, Hanlie, who also works for TBL will be going with him.

Could be his place is up for grabs?

They should sign Chris Froome, I know he is not South African, but close enough.

Wonder why they didn't renew Efemkin who won Giro del Capo?

Old Dog, If your 'source' is correct, then I wish James and Hanlie the best of luck. Such a great couple, and have been very good to Jnr.  James is a talented rider, and maybe this move is the return of some wins......