L4 workout

All PM users out there:

Can I ask you to send me a file where you did a L4 workout? I need at least 10 of these. 

Interval(s) of at least 15min or longer. 

Can be .csv or .wko

Please state if your FTP is accurate to your knowledge

Please state on what kind of terrain this was performed

This is just for an interest of my own and will not be used (or abused!) in any other way.

mail to rust@iafrica.com

Please?Wink

Ronelle2007-09-14 05:33:07

Am sending you a file from my Computrainer - Criss-Cross intervals 3x15.  Not sure if you can use it!

what do you guys get if you devide your AV Watts for your best 20min inteval by your weight?? Just like to see were I fall in the greater scheme of things, did my best / highest interval AV last night and is very excited about it!!Tongue

DAMN!!! That's a lot Bruce, ok, rather not say what mind is, will look like a chop hiehiehie but give me a few more years!!!Smile so you AV 357Watts over 20mins Bruce!!!AngryMarius2007-09-21 05:02:56

DAMN!!! That's a lot Bruce' date=' ok, rather not say what mind is, will look like a chop hiehiehie but give me a few more years!!!Smile so you AV 357Watts over 20mins Bruce!!!Angry[/quote'] 

Marius, i most certainly wont make mention of power/weight after Bruces postCry

Should never have taken the past 4 months off, well i suppose i do have an excuse......1st new born in the home takes some getting used toEmbarrassed

Well this just ruined my day!!! I thought I was going to put the hurt on a few ppl this season but now they just going to hurt me again. Now it's all down the drain, thx Bruce you PANSIE!!!!!!DeadWinkLOL - Well at least I know what to aim for now, thx!

So rest is some times good for you Shadowchaser-d, but I geuss you have a lack of if with a screeming bundle of joyEmbarrassed
Marius2007-09-21 05:14:12

Well this just ruined my day!!! I thought I was going to put the hurt on a few ppl this season but now they just going to hurt me again. Now it's all down the drain' date=' thx Bruce you PANSIE!!!!!!DeadWinkLOL - Well at least I know what to aim for now, thx!

So rest is some times good for you Shadowchaser-d, but I geuss you have a lack of if with a screeming bundle of joyEmbarrassed
[/quote']

Hey Marius, don't forget that Bruce is probably one the the tops vets in the country at the moment and rides with 101%.  I can just imagine his 1st team talk he got from 101%, "shape up or shp out" and as he once told me and those around me...." stop sitting at the back....you sound like a bunch of labradors puffing away here at the back.....start racing...."LOL

So he had no choice but to get to 4,7w/kgDeadLOL

Luckily you are up in the Cape and don't have to contend with the wrath of the bulk pack teamConfused

I also read these posts with some dismay. But yeah, bruce is one of the tope guys at the moment. I heard Andre McLean sits on a ratio of more than 5 for 20 minutes!!!! Only guessing, but Marco must be there or thereabouts.

Marius, boet, back to the IDTs we go....

Ok.. drugs (or not) aside

Armstrong's weight in 1992 = 78.9 kg
Power output when cycling at a VO2 of 5L/min = 374 W

Armstrong's weight in 1999 = 72 kg
Power output when cycling at a VO2 of 5L/min = 403 W

So the increase in power output when cycling at the SAME level of oxygen consumption was 29 W. However, what is more significant was that his weight came down by 7 kg at the same time. This meant the following for power to weight ratio:

Power to weight ratio in 1992 = 4.74 W/kg
Power to weight ratio in 1999 = 5.60 W/kg

DeadDeadDead

DAMN!!! That's a lot Bruce' date=' ok, rather not say what mind is, will look like a chop hiehiehie but give me a few more years!!!Smile so you AV 357Watts over 20mins Bruce!!!Angry[/quote']

My peak NP for 20 minutes this season is 374watts - somewhere around 4.92w/kg.  But NP over 20 minutes can be skewed a bit if you are strong in the 5min and 1min - which is where my strengths are.