CSA Recreational Licence!

Ox_Wagon

Does anybody know something more about the following?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Extract from CSA News Letter

?

3. Cyclo-Sport Licences will continue to be in the same form;  a Licence card will be issued and licence holders will continue to be required to be a member of a club or a member of Pedal Power Association.  The price for a Cyclo-Sport Licence with effect from 1 January 2008 is likely to be set at R100,00.

4. The CSA Recreational Licence will be an alternative to the Cyclo-Sport Licence and, as its name implies, is intended for recreational cyclists who are not really interested in competition.  It

will be cheaper and no licence card will be issued initially but it will still be a requirement that the licence holder must be a member of a club or of Pedal Power Association.  The licence fee will be R20,00 but in the first year ending December 2008 this will be paid by PPA or the clubs with whom cyclists are members.  PPA and <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Central Gauteng (on behalf of their clubs) are currently paying R20,00 a cyclist over to CSA.  Other Provinces are supposed to be paying the R20,00 a cyclist to CSA on behalf of their club members and steps will be taken to ensure that they do so in future.  CSA Recreational Licences taken out between 1 September 2007 and 31 December 2007 will be extended until 31 December 2008, automatically.

?

So what is the difference between the Recreational and Cyclosport licenses?

So in short I wasted my money getting a Cyclosport license.  Then again licenses = wasted moneyDead.   

Does anybody know something more about the following?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Extract from CSA News Letter

?

3. Cyclo-Sport Licences will continue to be in the same form;  a Licence card will be issued and licence holders will continue to be required to be a member of a club or a member of Pedal Power Association.  The price for a Cyclo-Sport Licence with effect from 1 January 2008 is likely to be set at R100' date='00.

4. The CSA Recreational Licence will be an alternative to the Cyclo-Sport Licence and, as its name implies, is intended for recreational cyclists who are not really interested in competition.  It

will be cheaper and no licence card will be issued initially but it will still be a requirement that the licence holder must be a member of a club or of Pedal Power Association.  The licence fee will be R20,00 but in the first year ending December 2008 this will be paid by PPA or the clubs with whom cyclists are members.  PPA and <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Central Gauteng (on behalf of their clubs) are currently paying R20,00 a cyclist over to CSA.  Other Provinces are supposed to be paying the R20,00 a cyclist to CSA on behalf of their club members and steps will be taken to ensure that they do so in future.  CSA Recreational Licences taken out between 1 September 2007 and 31 December 2007 will be extended until 31 December 2008, automatically.

?

So what is the difference between the Recreational and Cyclosport licenses?

So in short I wasted my money getting a Cyclosport license.  Then again licenses = wasted moneyDead.   

[/quote']

With a cyclosport license you can still ride with the elites and the big boys but not provicials or nationals.

A Recreational license is just so that you can ride without having to take out a day license. Will still be seeded like always.

Mampara2007-09-14 06:15:15

If I understand it correctly, with a recreational licence you wil have to pay an extra R30.00 everytime you enter a race.  At least, that is how it was communicated to our club management

With the current cyclosport license that you paid R75.00 for, you are only entitled to take part in one dicipline.  With the new cyclo sport license of R100.00 you can enter in any cycling dicipline (Road, track and off road)

I may be wrongClap

DeadBut recreational licence , is when you join a club , you pay an extra fee for a recreational licence that will last for the year and this will need to be renewed each year. you will only be able to ride open seeded.

CryThe Ciclo licence will allow you to race licenced etc but not provincials and national, and this will costs you more than the recreational licence4.

TConfusedhe full licence will allow you to race licenced and provincials and nationals and will cost more than the Ciclo licence.

If i am wrong the I am already runnnig'''' Ouch Ouch.... Big%20smile

My 1c

9. To begin with, cyclists  entering The Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle
Tour on-line who do not hold Elite, Development or Cyclo-Sport Licences
will be required, when entering the event, to apply on-line for the CSA
Recreational Licence, the fee for which is paid by PPA or the Club on
behalf of the cyclist, assuming of course the cyclist is a member
thereof.  As stated above, only those who are not members of PPA or
clubs affiliated to Provinces, will be required to take out the
so-called "day licence" for a fee of R30,00.

With the current cyclosport license that you paid R75.00 for' date=' you are only entitled to take part in one dicipline.  With the new cyclo sport license of R100.00 you can enter in any cycling dicipline (Road, track and off road)[/quote']

backlash , sien julle more Cry06h30 vir n leka Big%20smilestadige trappieBig%20smile

I may be wrongClap

DeadBut recreational licence ' date=' is when you join a club , you pay an extra fee for a recreational licence that will last for the year and this will need to be renewed each year. you will only be able to ride open seeded.

CryThe Ciclo licence will allow you to race licenced etc but not provincials and national, and this will costs you more than the recreational licence4.

TConfusedhe full licence will allow you to race licenced and provincials and nationals and will cost more than the Ciclo licence.

If i am wrong the I am already runnnig'''' Ouch Ouch.... Big%20smile

[/quote'] T, the cyclo licence will not allow you to race in the licence categories with , let's say the license vets.  The recreational license is more aimed at those that only enter for a few races per year (Argus and 94.7 for instance).  The seeding that they will get will be based on the previous times they rode in those races

With the current cyclosport license that you paid R75.00 for' date=' you are only entitled to take part in one dicipline.  With the new cyclo sport license of R100.00 you can enter in any cycling dicipline (Road, track and off road)[/quote']

backlash , sien julle more Cry06h30 vir n leka Big%20smilestadige trappieBig%20smile
Ja ek sal daar wees, hoop net julle hou by daai "stadige trappie"