Powerade D2D

Jules

Did this race in the Elite category. Seems UCI santion raises the bar!I was super-impressed with the organisation. There was a motorbike with a little blackboard with time gaps chalked up, just like the TDF smiley4.gif. The international commissaire pulled the support cars off the road when the gap between the chase bunch and the break got less than 30sec, to prevent an unfair slipstream advantage.

It was also cool to race with our brothers from Zambia, Namibia and even Coite d'Ivoire. The Zambian team was pretty damn strong.

There were about 20 teams, each with five riders. But who knows why there was no TCS? I spoke to TitusTi from the Acsis team, and he reckons they were hiding, because they owe him a beer!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But who knows why there was no TCS? I spoke to TitusTi from the Acsis team' date=' and he reckons they were hiding, because they owe him a beer![/quote']

TCS Elite team is in Mauritius Big%20smile.

Jeez, that's a bit far to go to avoid Titus. He's not that scary smiley17.gif

Hehe, the whole African pro-cycling community descends on Gauteng for the weekend, and TCS leaves the country    smiley36.gif

TCS were in the mix in the vets. Hats off to orgs on this one much better org than last year. If more races could be held this way i'm sure the numbers will increase.

Winning Time is nowhere near as jacked up as Championchip.

I'm not quite sure why they are the timer of choice for the Argus.

Humble pie from my side - smiley9.gif

Race organization very good in the lower groups too, no dangers or funnies along the way.  Sportex was really good, just lacking in punters. Couldn't get my 4yr old to leave.

So, sorry for earlier comments of mouse trying to be an elephant.  How about "baby elephant growing strong"?

Too many hills for the old and fat, and a lot more than last year - try to fix it for next time, huh?

Wouldn't have wanted to be a motorist anywhere near that route today - serious Sunday queues making the churchgoers swear.

Great race, well done to the organisers for finding some delightful little bumps in the road. Have never suffered like this before and if it hadn't been for Lulu and mr PV it could have been nasty for yours truly, thanks guys.

I was in the front group of the juniors, heading to a 3.10 and top ten finish, and then I punctured with 20km to go...