K*k service from Winning Time

fandacious

I'm sick of this. After every race it takes them longer and longer to load the results to their website. I'm a software developer and their system isnt complicated. How hard would it be for a SMS notification of your results?

I think its high-time we started putting some pressure on PPA and WT to get their asses in gear...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So fandacious, what was your time in F?  I see the C group time was around 2:10.  What was yours and do you know the winningtime?

Maybe we can have the results on here before WT!

I've done 2 mtb races recently (Urban Assault and Northern Farm) but neither of them got my result.

At Urban I was given the wrong number board (with chip embedded) and at Northern Farm I simply wasn't timed and nobody took the chip out of my number afterwards ......... I handed it in later when someone mentioned they'd lost theirs on the route and the guy at the finish seemed annoyed.

Surely part of our entry goes towards timing ............... why did I bother buying WT and Champ Chip devices!!!!

I thought you had a 45min pee and fell off the C group then you chased back to be a minute ahead? Not bashing just trying to make sense of it all.

I think the reason we haven't got our results yet is that the WT team is up in Joburg for the Dome 2 Dome. I remember it was the same story for another race last year (I can't remember which one...) where the Capetonian's had to wait.

Dylan, if you were a minute ahead after Hells, a) you climb better than me you bast*d and b) why did you want to pack it all in?

I think the reason we haven't got our results yet is that the WT team is up in Joburg for the Dome 2 Dome. I remember it was the same story for another race last year (I can't remember which one...) where the Capetonian's had to wait.

Dylan' date=' if you were a minute ahead after Hells, a) you climb better than me you bast*d and b) why did you want to pack it all in?
[/quote']

So what? Doesnt matter where they are. Everything can be uploaded with a laptop and 3G - they dont HAVE to be in Cape Town to do it. Its just plain "slapgat"

Well I dont have a result on the website. What should i do???

go ride the course again, exactly as you did on race, download your details to your computer and e-mail them to winningtimeLOL

Dylan' date=' if you were a minute ahead after Hells, a) you climb better than me you bast*d and b) why did you want to pack it all in?

[/quote']

So what? Doesnt matter where they are. Everything can be uploaded with a laptop and 3G - they dont HAVE to be in Cape Town to do it. Its just plain "slapgat"

I know, but that was there excuse last time. I'm not saying it's a good one.

Although, thinking about it perhaps the people they've left down here don't know how to upload the results. The people up north can't access the results if they're being stored down here on a PC which isn't connected to a network.

I know' date=' but that was there excuse last time. I'm not saying it's a good one.

Although, thinking about it perhaps the people they've left down here don't know how to upload the results. The people up north can't access the results if they're being stored down here on a PC which isn't connected to a network.

[/quote']

Ag please - thats an even more pathetic excuse. I own an IT company and if I tried that excuse on one of my clients, I'd lose them straight away.

WT's attitude is "PPA uses us and will carry on using us, so why make any effort to get the results up in a hurry".

I think it stinks

WT's attitude is "PPA uses us and will carry on using us' date=' so why make any effort to get the results up in a hurry".

I think it stinks
[/quote']

I agree, it ticks me off as well, the fact that they did the D2D yesterday, our little funride here in CT must take a back seat, not important for us to know our results....rubbish !Angry

Ag please - thats an even more pathetic excuse. I own an IT company and if I tried that excuse on one of my clients' date=' I'd lose them straight away.

WT's attitude is "PPA uses us and will carry on using us, so why make any effort to get the results up in a hurry".

I think it stinks
[/quote']

I'm not saying it's acceptable, I'd also love to know my results, I can't wait in fact.

Moaning on a forum they probably don't read very often probably wont help though.Phone one of the head honcho's with your complaint, that'll help.

What I was thinking is that maybe we start an email petition, get all riders to sign it (maybe by putting their chip number down) and then send it to PPA and WT?