see new topic

Hi All

Ok guys / girls, we need to take stock and find out who is interested.

I will make my Corsa bakkie available for a back-up vehicle on Sunday if we can find a driver. No charge ? free service.

Every ride will be within every body's capability and we cycle as a group.

Nice long weekend to clock up some BIG miles

Lets arrange our own training camp - free of charge

@ +-   28 - 30km/h ave. (stops included)

START: 7HOO ? or 6h45

Saturday: We go out on our road bikes and do 140km ride (from outside Durbanville to the top of Bainskloof)

Those who don?t want to ride the pass, can stop in town and have a coffee till we get back.

?     This ride will start at that 711 just before you exit Durbanville. Lots of parking for the cars.

Sunday: We do the 4 passes (if we leave from Andrag it will be 175km). We go through Eersterivier, Strand, up and over Sir Lowrey?s pass, through Grabouw, pass Tierwaterkloof dam, left towards Franschoek , we will have a quick stop before we start the pass to re-cooperate, up the pass and a stop in Franschoek (about 120km), then over the back of Hellhoogte, Polkadraai or BottlaryRd.(total ride: +- 150km)

?     This ride will start at Andrag

Monday: We do a flat road ride (to Strand and back) @ +- 30km/h or if the wind blows North, we go to Malmesbury and down wind back to Durbanville

?     This ride will start at Andrag

Every ride will be within every body's capability and we cycle as a group.

o     Or If you want to do a MTB ride, (we can start the Saturday with a MTB ride and not the road ride) we can do that gravel road ride outside of Durbanville at about 25km/h (100km long BUT not difficult)

o     

o     This ride will start at that 711 just before you exit Durbanville. Lots of parking for the cars.

So, Who need some good miles before the season starts?

Please add if you are doing it or what days you will be able to ride. Also if you have a better suggestion.

Please tell us.

Saturday           Sunday           Monday

Bainskloof        4 Passes        Strand

C50               yes             yes              yes

Popeye            yes             yes              yes

Faniefiets        yes        ?    not sure        yes

Fandacious        yes             yes              yes

BMC Fan           yes              no               no

Icarus            yes              no?              no

Nellie            no              maybe            maybepopeye2007-09-20 02:58:28

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen, but will probably slow everyone down as 1st ride in 5 months.

Maybe next time. (after I've moved from M to F seeding and joined the eliteBig%20smile

(Hey BMC Fan - check your "pm" box and reply pleaseThumbs%20Up)

Keen' date=' but will probably slow everyone down as 1st ride in 5 months.

Maybe next time. (after I've moved from M to F seeding and joined the eliteBig%20smile

(Hey BMC Fan - check your "pm" box and reply pleaseThumbs%20Up)
[/quote']

Hi racman - just did

if you guys go to B/kloof on Sat i will join. then racman can join as i will keep him company

I'd be keen to do one of the days. My only worry is that I'm not as fast as  fanie, popeye and fandacious ... so, I may just join with racman and BMC Fan on Saturday Wink

Icarus2007-09-17 05:30:50

Oom POPS

As julle Saterdag Bainskloof toe gaan en julle nie omgee dat ek net een dag saam gaan nie, is ek in
BMC Fan2007-09-17 06:32:37

Come on guys - its not a race. Its about chilling with fellow cyclists and maybe even getting few miles into the legs. No-one is going to race away from anyone (hoor jy marius Wink). The more people we have the more fun its gonna be!

We will do the list, but as you see its difficult to find out who will do what day.

So guys, go edit your post and indicate the days you will ride.