Argus Tour route change ?????

American Flyers

I just heard that in early February next year the council will start to repair the main road between Muizenburg and Fish Hoek and they will close this road for 16months. I am not sure if it sure.   That means that we must cycle up to Boyes Drive at by-pass. Tough Argus!!!!!

What about right at <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Westlake, left up Ou Kaaps (steep side), down  and right towards Simons town. Thumbs%20Up

ORCA2007-09-17 07:01:08

What about right at <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Westlake' date=' left up Ou Kaaps (steep side), down  and right towards Simons town. Thumbs%20Up

[/quote']

Now THAT has got my vote!!!!!ClapClap

What about right at <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Westlake' date=' left up Ou Kaaps (steep side), down  and right towards Simons town. Thumbs%20Up

[/quote']

Now THAT has got my vote!!!!!ClapClap

Hey Spidey Speak 4 yourself some of us K@K uphill were are not all climbers you know,  all i do well is climb in bed and onto........... you get the picture??????WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

[/quote']

Actually I believe the work in question will only affect a short section of road at that stage, so the route will go right at Westlake, up Ou Kaaps, down through Sun Valley, then up over Black Hill to rejoin the original route.

Plans to reroute the finish to Newlands rugby stadium is still on hold pending the final Super 14 draw for 2008.

I dont think that they will close the road entirley, between Atlantic Road and the Kalk Bay end of Boyes drive there is simply no alternative route for residents. there will probably be partial closures and one way sections.

It would be cool to go over Boyes Drive, I have often wondered why the Argus didnt go that way anyway, it is way safer and more fun than the main road and would only be about 3 minutes slower.

Plans to reroute the finish to Newlands rugby stadium is still on hold pending the final Super 14 draw for 2008.

I vote for the finish to be at the back entrance of the waterfront.

Don't think Newlands can handle 35000 cyclist + spectators, with it's huge amount of parking availible.Confused

I vote for the finish to be at the back entrance of the waterfront.

Don't think Newlands can handle 35000 cyclist + spectators' date=' with it's huge amount of parking availible.Confused
[/quote']

I firmly back the plan to finish at Newlands.  For a start, it is right next to the brewerey, and that opens up endless hospitality options.

Now that you put it that wayThumbs%20Up

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

How is this for an Argus?

1 We cycle to Newlands, put our bikes in the bike park.

2 Have a tour of the brewery ? drink as much as we can.

3 Have someone drive us homeEvil%20Smile

1 We cycle to Newlands' date=' put our bikes in the bike park.

[/quote']

now that's just evil ..... Big%20smile

[/quote']

Telkom Cycling are doing the Argus on mountain bikes with a cool boxes on the front going to have breakfast somewhere stop and have a beer here and there stop on suikerbossie for a massage and hopefully beat six hoursConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

[/quote']

Telkom Cycling are doing the Argus on mountain bikes with a cool boxes on the front going to have breakfast somewhere stop and have a beer here and there stop on suikerbossie for a massage and hopefully beat six hoursConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

EmbarrassedYou sure just a massageEmbarrassed

Like the idea, can go watch super 14 , and the get taken home.