Thule Bikerack Problems

Broker

Thought I will treat myself and buy a Thule Euroway 974 bike rack. This is the one that is suppose to take 3 bikes. Tried it over the weekend and must say to load the 1st and 2nd bike - what a pleasure. The 3rd bike however don't seem to fit as the handle bars of bike 1 and 3 are clashing therefor bike 3 cannot get on to the rack. Tried everything - moved bike 1 to the left and bike 3 to the right don't seem to get it right. I then phoned Thule at Woodmead just to get absolutely no help.

Anyone with a similar experience and a possible solution - will really appreciate your help.

Tried that as well - no success.

I am actually really gatvol with the service and "no" help from Thule and the fact that an advertised 3 bike rack cannot handle 3 bikes.

I had the same problem.The best would be to loosten the stems and to flip the bars parrallel to the frames. It's inconvenient but it's the only way they will fit.

Eish, sounds like I will stick to my rough and basic Holdfast.  Might bounce a bit, but the bikes FIT.  Even if the *bling* is a bit low...

Don't know which one the 974 is but if it is the one with the "separator" bar that folds up between the bikes then I had exactly the same problem. Returned it to the lbs and asked them to show me how to get my 3 bikes on it. They couldn't so I took my money back.

Then I bought the version which has a bar from the rear attaching to the crossbar and it takes 3 bikes no problem. Sometimes it is a bit of a squeeze to get the 1st & 3rd on but a bit of shuffling and no problem. Only catch is that it is the expensive version but well worth the price.

ps both are the "stand on" type.

Caadman - please let me know how. Are these bikes all the same size, which way do they face etc. Would really appreciate your input.

Caadman - please let me know how. Are these bikes all the same size' date=' which way do they face etc. Would really appreciate your input.[/quote']

On the inside with the crank facing out was a medium Giant OCR3. In the middle was an Avalanache medium with the crank facing inwards, and on the outside a Medium Cannondale with crank facing outwards. The handlebars of the inside and outside were close but fitted ok. Maybe its just the mix of bikes i had?CAADman2007-09-18 09:33:54