Ride up and over the Groenlandberg in Grabouw

kandui

If anyone is keen to join. I am starting at Oak Lane Cottages around 8:30am tomorrow morning and taking a ride up and over the Groenlandberg .Along the other side facing Theewaterskloof Dam and then up to the Vodacom tower. Down towards Grabouw trail area and then back to Oak Lane. Got lost a bit last week getting to the mountain, but once there the route is easy to find.Long climbs and part of the route up to the tower was ridden in a previous Epic. Expect 6-8 hours on the trail.

Did it on my own last week,some company would be nice, but not essential. Awesome views, saw some leopard tracks high up on the mountain.

Don't want to be p!ssing on any picnics here - but has this ride been approved?

I.e - have landowners etc. given consent etc etc?

Went through Thandi and spoke to some workers at Lebanon village who told me the trail is used quite often by mtb's.

Passed some trail arrows close to the foot of the mountain.

Saw a lot of cylce tracks further up on the mountain.

Just got off the blower with Management at Oak Valley to confirm and have consent from all landowners to access the mountain (Thandi,Paul Cluver) . Permit for Cape Nature property access can be bought retroactively when you reach their office, coming down from the mast. Did that last weekend.

Just got off the blower with Management at Oak Valley to confirm and have consent from all landowners to access the mountain (Thandi,Paul Cluver) . Permit for Cape Nature property access can be bought retroactively when you reach their office, coming down from the mast. Did that last weekend.

Well done - sounds like an awesome ride!

One day, when I'm big and my lungs have fully developed [ :P ], I'll give you a call!

Ride was great, weather perfect.Fantastic views. 93km starting from Oak Lane Cottages. Lots of water on the mountain to refill your bottles 3 or 4 times. Wild Card gives you free access to the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.

Have to say I'm very jealous, did plenty Epic training in that area earlier this year. Amazing riding, must be some of the best in SA. Now up in JHB and get depro thinking about what I'm missing.

Enjoy every second.

Can you post a profile or better a Google map of route?

I think the route might include some of the new Oude MOlen tracks?

• 2 weeks later...

Please post a profile and actual route.

Heard so much about this ride! Not too sure where to park and where the actual route is?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...