Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Would two small "blobs" of silicone at the top of the cage on the inside perhaps help to keep it in the cage?

It might. But the bottle isn't so much slipping out. It's 'jumping' out. The cage opens up under the weight of the bottle. Ie: an empty bottle doesn't jump out. Hope I'm making sense.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Ryanpmb, take a look at the blackburn "ful wrap around type" of bottle cages. Expect to pay about 100 Z.A.R and forget about loosing your bottle again.

It might. But the bottle isn't so much slipping out. It's 'jumping' out. The cage opens up under the weight of the bottle. Ie: an empty bottle doesn't jump out. Hope I'm making sense.

I see your problem. I bought a similar cage from CRC and mounted it under my down tube on my trail bike (I see the error of my ways now. Not the positioning of the cage but rather that it was on fitted to a trail bike in the first place...) First real impact and the bottle was gone.

Ok, so, I need help/ advice from The Manne again....

As you may (or may not) know I've recently fitting a rigid fork to the Cotic. Since fitting it I haven't had a chance to ride the bike. I went on leave today and so, have just taken bike for its first rigid ride... Loved it! Can't believe how much more of a workout it is.

Thing is, I kept losing my water bottle. I've got a really nice carbon cage (I run these on all my bikes without problems), but it has the opening at the top - the cage doesn't wrap or join around the top of the bottle - and it just doesn't seem to be able to hold the bottle when things get a little rough.

What do cages do you rigid fork enthusiasts run?

i have opted to use elastic, same type as you will find in a pant seam...

Seeing as you asked....

Wheels and cranks. I have the following:

Frame (Silver back Sierra Green Machine from Routjie) an old Suntour coil shock from Spiderpig, bars and stem from Nigelhicks, brakes from dirt-rider. I have the BB and a seat already. Can source a head set. Looking for the wheels and rotors. (I have tyres) and a set of cranks (I have a chain). I will make a plan with the tensioner.

Almost there! Secret stash of cash is growing slowly though. Not easy to hide the cost of a set of wheels in with the grocery money!

Cant wait to see that machine rollin again, keep us posted grebel

Cant wait to see that machine rollin again, keep us posted grebel

Will do! Slow progress though...sad.png

Trying out the Ragleys at Cascades yesterday... thumbup1.gif

post-12909-0-69364100-1356325463_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-58357200-1356325477_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-53503700-1356325487_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-83211900-1356325498_thumb.jpg

Excuse the damaged grips - fight I lost trying to get them off previous bars & the ridiculous amount of steerer spacers - might be moving the fork to another bike so I won't be cutting until I've decided.

Merry Christmas!

Trying out the Ragleys at Cascades yesterday... thumbup1.gif

[

Howsit, where did you manage to get a Ragley bar? spoke to Grant Usher to get a set but he hasn't been able to bring any in lately

Edited by PYGA1

Howsit, where did you manage to get a Ragley bar? spoke to Grant Usher to get a set but he hasn't been able to bring any in lately

Yeah I was lucky enough to grab a pair from a fellow hubber. They're very scarce now and seem to be discontinued?... Also none available on CRC. Glad I managed to find some, they're awesome bars.

I tried Grant, CRC and Ragley themselves, eventually settled on a Ritchey flat 10d carbon bar, it's the closest to the Ragley shape, I'm told they might start making them again next year.

I tried Grant, CRC and Ragley themselves, eventually settled on a Ritchey flat 10d carbon bar, it's the closest to the Ragley shape, I'm told they might start making them again next year.

I've ridden with the Ritchey bar and it's not that similar. It basically provides a sweep and allows you to run a shorter stem, but doesn't offer the same hand positioning as the Carnegie.

On One have something better than the Ritchey if your after a similar bar to the Carnegie. Have a look on the On One site at their Mary & Fleegle bars.

Nice looking bike. I run some Ritchey carbon risers on my SS and they work fine. Haven't tried the 10 degree bars. Answer also have a new wrist friendly bar out

Nice looking bike. I run some Ritchey carbon risers on my SS and they work fine. Haven't tried the 10 degree bars. Answer also have a new wrist friendly bar out

Don't get me wrong. The Ritchey bars are awesome and give a wicked sweep. They just don't offer the hand position that these so called 'alternate' bars do.

I'm ran a 10 deg sweep bar prior to the Ragley and they're great. I'll be fitted these to the Niner.

Looking good there Ryan!

As far as I know, Ragley has stopped making the Carnegie (both Alu & Carbon). I managed to get mine from CRC as Crusher didn't have stock at the time.

Looking good there Ryan!

As far as I know, Ragley has stopped making the Carnegie (both Alu & Carbon). I managed to get mine from CRC as Crusher didn't have stock at the time.

Thanks Thug. Really enjoying the bike.