Ideal Weekend Getaway

Sammajoor

Have booked for the first weekend of the school holiday - really looking foreward to it. I see there is still water in the dam so my son will be impressed - he loves trying to fish. Thinking of sending the wife and kids by car and cycling there from Rustenburg, it will be good training for Mankele three towers two weeks later.

Cheers

Werner

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get on your bike from Rustenburg,I am threatning to do that myself,it's a very nice road and safe to ride,I have done quite a bit of road riding in the Zeerust,Groot Marico,Swartruggens area,pretty!!! Enjoy you time,I have just completed two days in Bethlehem with a friend with Dominic Rustemeyer,aslo a very good area for riding,a must I would say !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can you send me details? I will give them to my folks, they need a break, and a visit with an old friend ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great weekend at the farm last week. I first thought not to post how nice it was to ensure it doesn't get to well known and difficult to get in, but it would not be fair not to share such a nice place.

The house is well equiped and in a beautifull, quiet setting. One only has to bring swimming towels(should you want to swim in the farm dams fed from fountains ), toys and food. The kids enjoyed making fire in the donkey to ensure hot water.

The cycling is ideal for any type of family ride with single track, jeep track, animal track and farm road. There are small hills as well as interesting water crossings, and I estimate the total length of track to be about 30 km.

Except for the cycling we also went game vieweing by bicycle, on foot and by car, collected stones(that we left behind again)and picked up porcupine quills. We did some fishing in one of the dams. We de-barbed the hooks and released all the little tilapia we caught.

We loved it so much, that we tried to book again for this weekend, but unfortunately it was not available. This is really like having your own game farm for a weekend.

Dankie weereens aan Oom Gerrit, Tannie Corrie en Gustav dat julle die stukkie paradys met ons deel.

Regards

Werner

post-24877-0-26148300-1317970832.jpg

Edited by Speed Kills

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a great weekend at the farm last week. I first thought not to post how nice it was to ensure it doesn't get to well known and difficult to get in, but it would not be fair not to share such a nice place.

The house is well equiped and in a beautifull, quiet setting. One only has to bring swimming towels(should you want to swim in the farm dams fed from fountains ), toys and food. The kids enjoyed making fire in the donkey to ensure hot water.

The cycling is ideal for any type of family ride with single track, jeep track, animal track and farm road. There are small hills as well as interesting water crossings, and I estimate the total length of track to be about 30 km.

Except for the cycling we also went game vieweing by bicycle, on foot and by car, collected stones(that we left behind again)and picked up porcupine quills. We did some fishing in one of the dams. We de-barbed the hooks and released all the little tilapia we caught.

We loved it so much, that we tried to book again for this weekend, but unfortunately it was not available. This is really like having your own game farm for a weekend.

Dankie weereens aan Oom Gerrit, Tannie Corrie en Gustav dat julle die stukkie paradys met ons deel.

Regards

Werner

Thanks for the visit Werner, hope to see you guys again very soon.

Late Nov bookings still avail!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Werner,have sms'ed you see you again on the farm soon,enjoy,we have done quite a nr of upgrades to the charlet awell and I hope you will find it enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This coming weekend is the last weekend the charlet is getting rented out.( TNT 1 's parents visiting again) Thanks to all that has been to the farm for a visit,but due to the poor interest this last summer,I opted to shut the charlet and will now only use it when needed instead of having it prepared all the time. Once agin thanks to all fo there support.

The last day that I am renting this charlet out guys and girsl is Sun 04 March the evening of the the 4th I am shutting it down as this season was just not justifing keeping it running for possible bookings, once again thanks to all that made aturn on the farm. Kind regards Gustav

• 3 weeks later...

OK , guys and girls,I had a number of people asking me whether they can't slip in that last visit before we shut the charlet. So please pm me your dates and we would love to accomadate you,thanks Gustav

• 5 months later...

We decided to carry "on" renting the chalet as we had a number of people asking, so folks summer is here and here we go again !