Some people are REALLY special...

Li Mu Bai

Today was another reminder of how miserable some people are.

I was enjoying the smooth tarmac at Kyalami, minding my own business.

WHAM! Some guy rides into the back of me. Now its 5:30pm, broad daylight still, my rear light blinking furiously, no one next to me, and I get rear ended!

After asking if the fallen rider was ok, I checked out my own bike and the jockey and cage are neatly bent out of position. No last gear, and in the first two gears, the cage rubs on the wheel spokes. I go back to the guy and his Club 100 riding partner and tell him he damaged my jockey. The reply was a short grunt that he just touched my tire, and off he rode.

Thats it.

It amazes the attitude that some people have. Every second on their bikes is a race, they own every inch of the road, and tough if you get in their way. I should have half expected this lack of consideration, having noted whilst riding my mountain bike, eliciting a simple greeting from some roadies is like pulling teeth.

Hopefully not all roadies behave this way.

So MR Blue Trek rider with your Microsoft windows kit and Met helmet, Thanks for messing up my day, and my bike.

Enjoy your bad karma...

was wondering what happened there, I came past probably just after this took place.

what kit were you wearing?

btw I know plenty of roadies who are pretty friendly and will gladly greet any oneSmile

hey rude.. sorry to hear about this.. never fear.. not all us roadies are miserable.. only a few that dont even bother greeting fellow roadies.

hope you are able to get your bike sorted.

snap, wolverine, i had a runin with a plonker in a bakkie with trailer who decided to go straight in a right turn ONLY lane, I ended up turning right into the side of his vehicle, but thank the Lord for my bike handling skills.

Rude, don't worry as they say "the wheel turns". Hope thank you can get your bike sorted out soon.
tazman2007-09-19 00:21:33

Hello Everyone... Big%20smile

And for those of you wronged... I hope the wheel turns REALLY slowly over the fool that wronged you.. And that you have a stunning chirpy day further..

Clap

P.S I think someone spiked my coffee this morning as I am in an unusually good mood... Hug

hey lulu & rude ek was ok gister by kya, watse kit het julle aangehad?

was die ou oppie trek effe ouerig? dink ekt hom gesien, club100 sticker op sy trek gehad. wit met helmet. sal uitkyk vir hom dat hy nie my fiets ook opvoeter nie Smile

Thanks guys, the bike went into the shop this morning, hopefully it will be sorted out by tomorrow. Got lots of training to do.

I had my white and grey capestorm kit on.

The trek rider was a generation or two ahead of me.

Enjoying the day so far...Smile

"I should have half expected this lack of consideration, having noted whilst riding my mountain bike, eliciting a simple greeting from some roadies is like pulling teeth.

Hopefully not all roadies behave this way."

In response: I'm a roadie & will say without reservation that some if not most "roadies" are arrogant / snobbish cyclists who do think the sun shine's outta their ass - U pass them / they pass U or U greet from across the road - one look is all U get / or hardly - so yeah I hardly greet the moron's anyway - who do they think they are I used to wonder - or is it his/her genetic make-up (shame parents) or because they think they look good on a bike ????? whatever the reason each to his/her own....

"DT"

Guest Michelle

It sounds like Basil... he goes racing around there every single day as fast as he can. LOL