Landis banned for two years

Jaco Steyn

guess who's really hitting the jd today

How did that George Thoroughgood song go? "I drink alone, me and my friend Johnny Walker, and his cousins Red and Black...I drink alone"Dead

Its a shame, he was one of the true characters of the sport, not cool that he cheated.

I hope that he doesnt make a comeback to the sport in 2009 as a has been and try to prove himself, while taking the moral high ground against doping like Millar. He should slink of into obscurity like any good cheat.

Its a shame' date=' he was one of the true characters of the sport, not cool that he cheated.

I hope that he doesnt make a comeback to the sport in 2009 as a has been and try to prove himself, while taking the moral high ground against doping like Millar. He should slink of into obscurity like any good cheat.
[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClap

nicely put

now i'm glad that a didn't order the book he penned in his defence.

and mcquaid rubs his hands in glee:

Tour de France officials finally got what they wanted Thursday _ a new champion.
With American cyclist Floyd Landis' guilty doping verdict just hours old, the president of the International Cycling Union (UCI) said Landis would be wiped from the record books, making Oscar Pereiro the new champion.
"According to our rules we will be stripping him of his title and awarding it to Pereiro," Pat McQuaid said by telephone. "He has the chance whether to appeal or not. ... But there's nothing to stop us now from stripping him of his title."