Dopers can suck on this......................

SwissVan

Hopefully one day doping controls could be this simple...

Breath test aims to combat doping

http://www.swissinfo.org/xobix_media/images/rdb/2007/rdbimg20070921_8238859_2.jpg

Related stories

Swiss researchers have developed a new rapid test using a breathalyser in a bid to prevent illegal doping among athletes.

The method will reveal within seconds whether sportsmen and women are clean and will dispense with the days of waiting entailed in current tests on blood and urine samples. The test subject blows into a special apparatus and an analysis of their breath appears on a screen, giving a complete record of their metabolism. "The speed makes it revolutionary. It takes only seconds to get the data," Renato Zenobi, professor of Analytical Chemistry at Zurich's Federal Institute of Technology told public television. The researchers have applied for a grant from the Federal Sport Office to start field tests on the equipment.

See Swissinfo at http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/top_news/index.html?siteSect=101

Test for what? Booze or stuff like EPO? How is this gonna tell you you have doped?

Test for what? Booze or stuff like EPO? How is this gonna tell you you have doped?

Nee Kof man... since when is BOOZE illegal?

"Swiss researchers have developed a new rapid test using a breathalyser in a bid to prevent illegal doping among athletes."

The "breathalyser" will detect illegal substances amongest the "1000's" of particals that are apparently contained in the air we breathe out.