OK I did it

The Saint

@Cervelo - Please elaborate on the safety pin? Can you not strap the chip around your ankle much like a race tec chip?

the chip is on a strap, but it may come lose during the swim... so its just extra security. My chip almost came off in the swim of a Energade tri once.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saint - if you're in Cape Town - you should join us for a swim at Silvermine sometime - good to get some open water training in :)

Marius I will be in Cape Town in December so I will get hold of you then and we can go for a Silvermine swim - I will pack my wetsuit :D

Where in SA can I get a Race Belt I can find them for $8 but then shipping is $8 :blink:

Well Done Saint. Ive done the Slummies IM for the passed 3 years. Its not that bad and once you complete the race youll registar for the full one in PE. The swim is the easiest, just be mentally prepared to be bashed around by 2-4 foot swells. The cycle is tough and bunkers is a bugger. But you will be back. It lots of fun and the pople of Slummies are an awesome bunch and support you all the way.

GOOD LUCK and I'll see you there next year.

Marius I will be in Cape Town in December so I will get hold of you then and we can go for a Silvermine swim - I will pack my wetsuit :D

Where in SA can I get a Race Belt I can find them for $8 but then shipping is $8 :blink:

You can get a racebelt at the IM70.3 expo - it's like R80 or something... or wait till you come to Cape Town and get one at the TriShop in Bellville...

I'm just a week behind... waiting for payday to enter too!!!

I must just pay as well (vlip their website is a bit confusing :blink: )... will be my third one :)

I must just pay as well (vlip their website is a bit confusing :blink: )... will be my third one :)

I hear you - why not just have a button that says "Click here to Enter"

I did my entry in German :blink: . The homepage was in English then it swapped to German at the registration - very confusing.

I hear you - why not just have a button that says "Click here to Enter"

I did my entry in German :blink: . The homepage was in English then it swapped to German at the registration - very confusing.

Ja - I've just gone to athlete info, entered my login - now I'm staring at a blank page that says "website admin" :blink:

So Saint - after this are you entering for IM in PE???

:eek:

I just pressed the payment confirm button for my entry to the 70.3 Iron Man 2011

I think I am going to **** bricks.

Any advice anyone? I have never done a tri before and being as dumb as I am I think I am about to start with the second hardest one in the country - I need all the help I can get.

Koppie raaaaas!!! I swim like a rock! Straight to the bottom!

Good luck with your training!

Will see about PE, maybe 2012. I just need to check up on the dates of The Panorama Tour as I am committed there, but if I get through 70.3 and there are no conflicts I don't see why not.

I really would like to finish the big one - you have to do these types of events even if it is only once.

Iron Man 10th April 2011

Panorama Tour 29th April - 2nd May

Not sure if I would have recovered enough to then go do Panorama as well - not sure if the bank account would have recovered either.

Congrats! You'll enjoy it!

Like previous posters said, try to get in your brick workouts. Even if you go for a 1mile run after the bike ride, because your legs will then get used to transitioning from the bike to the run. Plus my one coach tells me that after the bike, every mile you run is the equivalent of 3 because you're fatigued.

Oh, and practice your fueling during your training!

I have never done a tri before and being as dumb as I am I think I am about to start with the second hardest one in the country - I need all the help I can get.

i think some might dispute that.

the winners prolly take 4 hours, not such a tough event. don't let all this hardcore talk psyche you out.