Maxxis Crossmark Tubeless

Aggies

Maxxis Tires - all sizes (26"&29")  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Running standard (non ust) tires tubeless?

• Yes - no issues
    • Yes - some issues, but worth it
    • Yes - some issues, not worth it
    • No - will not even attempt it

I cannot get LUST versions yet in 29". Who is running the standard 60tpi or 120tpi versions tubeless and what is your opinion?

Do I need to wait for LUST versions or is it "safe" to go tubeless with the standard tires?

Edited by Aggies

They haven't released the LUST in 29 yet. Where can you get normal ones as I haven't seen them locally, only on CRC?

I'm riding continental normal tyres...work fine.

obviously UST tyres are more robust, but in 29er they will be HEAVY!

I ride CrossMark 29er, and run them as tubeless, after 2000km and 6 races only 1 puncture which I took care of in 1 minute with a plug and a co2 bomb. I love these tyres and I am getting some maxxis aspen tyres for my new racing wheelset I am building. Sourced tyres from CRC because LBS shop took 2weeks to tell me the agent doesn't have 29er maxxis tyres in stock. Kenda, bontrager, specialized and WTB 29er tyres are very nice as well.

Edited by Stephan

Hi

Running standard Maxxis 29 x 2.1 35-65PSI. Burped front tyre once otherwise no hassles. Would prefer LUST version though.

I ride CrossMark 29er, and run them as tubeless, after 2000km and 6 races only 1 puncture which I took care of in 1 minute with a plug and a co2 bomb. I love these tyres and I am getting some maxxis aspen tyres for my new racing wheelset I am building. Sourced tyres from CRC because LBS shop took 2weeks to tell me the agent doesn't have 29er maxxis tyres in stock. Kenda, bontrager, specialized and WTB 29er tyres are very nice as well.

Just out of curiosity, why would you prefer the Aspen over a Monorail? It's probably nitpicking but the monorail gets a slightly better rating.

Edited by Carrot

As far as I know the monorail is not available in 29er, at least not from CRC. The crossmarks and aspens are available in 29er from CRC.

No need for 29" UST tires. I have found 29" non-UST to be very robust, not difficult to mount and seal - much more so than 26" non-UST tires. 29" UST (if they ever produce them) will be very heavy.

Aspen is the **** ! I have the 26" version, corners like velcro :D

Also did the 3 towers challenge with no punctures or sidewall cuts, and it was ROCKY on the Sudwala and Avalanche pieces.

Im sure the 29'' will be just as great, online reviews seem to rate them highly

Maxxis is bringing out an EXO tyre sidewall system like COnti protection, so would be cool if they make 29'' tyres with it.

BAsically a kevlar type material to prevent sidewall cuts/abrasion.

Will be made in the Ardent, Ignitor, Crossmark and Minion FR

I like the look of the tread pattern on the Aspen looks like it would corner well.

Dont see a UST version though

I like the look of the tread pattern on the Aspen looks like it would corner well.

Dont see a UST version though

Nope, its their XCO race tyre, so they are not bringing out a UST version.

Thus they are on my racing wheels, not made for daily riding/training, especially tar !

Aspen is the **** ! I have the 26" version, corners like velcro :D

Also did the 3 towers challenge with no punctures or sidewall cuts, and it was ROCKY on the Sudwala and Avalanche pieces.

Im sure the 29'' will be just as great, online reviews seem to rate them highly

Are you running the Aspen tubeless? I got them stock on my 29er, but don't know if they are tubeless ready?

Does a tyre have to be the UST version to run it tubeless, or is it just recommended? Still trying to get to grips with the tubeless thing...

Nope, its their XCO race tyre, so they are not bringing out a UST version.

Thus they are on my racing wheels, not made for daily riding/training, especially tar !

have you weighed them to see exactly what they weigh