Cycle fit Jhb - brilliant

zeabre

Decided to have my road bike properly fitted after starting to get severe ITB problems. Mailed around to a few companies. Within minutes Arran mailed back and answered all my questions. Had a fitment done the next week, where they really took their time in doing it well, making sure everything was perfect, while also answering my sometimes daft questions. Long story short, I have now done the Amashova, Telkom classic and D2D and can't recommend highly enough having your bike fitted properly. It, together with the exercises I'm doing now, sorted my ITB and knee issue completely, to the end that I no longer need pain medication. For the price of stem, in my opinion you can't get a better upgrade. Thanks to the Cycle fit team for really good service.

I agree. Three weeks ago I was also experiencing severe knee pain. After my setup was corrected within a week

the pain subsided.

Nevermind found it

R350 Full Bike Set-up: Road, MTB, Triathlon and Time Trial bikes

R700 Full Tandem Set-up.

R300 Fee charged to fit new accessories and check set-up.

R80 Cleat Set-up.

Cycle Fit

Definitely need to do this once I get a new bike, havin knee issues after changing cleats

Try adjusting your cleats using this method of mine

Loosen your cleats enough for the cleat to slide around in the pedal and on the shoe. Get on the bike and ride for about 1km so the cleat can settle in its natural position according to your legs and feet.

Stop the bike and slide your foot out the shoe gently. Tighten the 1 screw on the cleat which can be seen through the pedal. Remove the shoe and tighten the other two screws. Problem solved no more knee pain and cleats perfectly adjusted to your pedaling style.

Obvioulsy you do each shoe individually or else getting off the bike could be pretty sporty.

For fitment in Pretoria i'd go to karsten cycles down zambezi. Petrie does the fitment had it done myself and was really happy with the service. The staff were friendly polite and helpfull. And as far as i can tell a good set up was done? Had the bike put on the trainer had the seat adjusted, cleats set, knee angles checked etc... Just phone in advance though to make sure Petrie is there, because he does the set ups...

Another consideration from this exercise is the fact that finding the right SIZE bike is actually a little more tricky than just the std measurements. Always thought I was the std cut-out template Merida medium...after the fitting it turns out a large would be much better...and now, wanting to go over to the Giant tcr, with their different sizings, it's even more important to know what suits you.

For fitment in Pretoria i'd go to karsten cycles down zambezi. Petrie does the fitment had it done myself and was really happy with the service. The staff were friendly polite and helpfull. And as far as i can tell a good set up was done? Had the bike put on the trainer had the seat adjusted, cleats set, knee angles checked etc... Just phone in advance though to make sure Petrie is there, because he does the set ups...

Just do not have them service your bike as you will ENDLESS comebacks trying to have issues resolved. Go to another shop, Anton at Cycle House in Pretoria North is MUCH better..

Lol just goes to show you how different people have different experiences lol. Not wanting to cause a barnie sammamoor lol. But i've had terrible service from cycle house and will never put a foot back in there lol. And good from karsten lol. Am guessing its just luck of the draw really lol... Best solution i think is to service your own stuff that way you've only got yourself 2 blame and you'll no how much time and effort you've put into to service lol. So if somethin goes wrong you are the only 1 to blame