Tokai Forest

udxcob

I cycled in Tokai for the first time ever on Saturday, WOW cant believe I havent been there before. It's a shame I know. Went up to "die Mas" - quite a nasty little climb and then round to Silvermine. Unfortunately it was cloudy and raining, so I will have to come back to get the full view :D

Boy you guys living around there are lucky to have such a lekka playground around the corner!

post-4352-079728300 1288071447.jpg

There were Uct students at the gate a while back doing a survey of the bikers feelings, apparently they are not replacing the trees but letting the natural fynbos grow back on the upper slopes (don't know what came of the survey)

I know we'll miss some of the plantation once it is gone, but I am looking forward to seeing the fynbos recover.

I cycled in Tokai for the first time ever on Saturday, WOW cant believe I havent been there before. It's a shame I know. Went up to "die Mas" - quite a nasty little climb and then round to Silvermine. Unfortunately it was cloudy and raining, so I will have to come back to get the full view :D

Boy you guys living around there are lucky to have such a lekka playground around the corner!

post-4352-079728300 1288071447.jpg

It's an awesome spot to ride. exactly 5km from my driveway and I ride there and back to warm up and cool down.

we normally go to the mast once a week in the monrings and alternate rides to silvermine. We'll do both on weekends and take in all the singletracks and switchbacks.

How lucky we are.

I'll miss the trees but I suppose the indigenous stuff wont be bad once it's flourished. Silvermine is all indigenous and that's still a lekker trail too.