So Camp Magnolia caught up..

AndreZA

Been a long time coming. Campy have been working on this since 1994 and even hold the patent for electronic shifting.

Love the quote: "Our system is different to Shimano's. Their one is 10-speed, while ours is 11-speed. It will also have other different aspects too but it's a little bit soon to talk about it now."

Yes, too soon because it doesn't exist yet!!! We'll figure it out as we go along... Campag has been trying to do this for years, but there skills seem to sit in the production of beautiful artsy mechanical bits. I'm a bit worried this might be outside their competency sphere. A bit like trying to make a decent mtb groupset!

Didn't Mavic have electronic shifting a lo-o-o-o-ong time ago?

Yes...the wheel company.

Yes, did you not read the informative (and ominously foreboding) Editors note on the Bikeradar link? Sloppy work mr...

[Editor's note: Mavic preceded Shimano by nearly 15 years with Zap, which was introduced in 1994. It morphed into Mavic Mektronic but production was discontinued due to reliability issues. Also in 1990, SunTour introduced the Browning Electronic Accushift Transmission, an electronic front derailleur for triple chainsets. This did not last long either.]

Edited by Willehond

I'm a bit worried this might be outside their competency sphere.

Have you seen how the reverse lights go on when you turn the indicators on in an Uno. :D

Have you seen how the reverse lights go on when you turn the indicators on in an Uno. :D

Or a FIAT - Fix it again tony!

Yes, did you not read the informative (and ominously foreboding) Editors note on the Bikeradar link? Sloppy work mr...

I don't read no stinkin' external linkin'!

What?

You mean there's more to the web than the Hub?

Nobody ever told me that?

Who cares if campy is bringing one out it's going to be stupidly expensive. And it seems like you will need a very long extension cord to ride this group.

Didn't Mavic have electronic shifting a lo-o-o-o-ong time ago?

Yes...the wheel company.

It was dog ugly though. There is someone on the Hub who posted a picture of his bike and it had the Mavic electronic groupset.

My feeling is that this is all marketing driven crap to make a simple mechanical operation electric.... i wish they would concentrate on real development,,, like internal rear hub gearing, belt drive..... no more chains, deraillers, cassettes.....

imagine...

My feeling is that this is all marketing driven crap to make a simple mechanical operation electric.... i wish they would concentrate on real development,,, like internal rear hub gearing, belt drive..... no more chains, deraillers, cassettes.....

imagine...

I don't think its marketing crap, I think its real innovation. According to those who've ridden with DI2 the gear changes are consistently flawless, far better than with manual shifters.

I reckon this is also why Campag waited a couple of years to release their group. At the very least it has to compete with DI2. You can be sure that Campag were probably one of the first to purchase DI2 groupsets to evaluate and compare.

imagine...

Rulhoff hubs have been having it